10 Tips on How to Write a Good CV
The most important thing in securing a job is to produce an attractive CV. Writing a good CV is an art one has to learn. How to write a good CV that could impress your would be employer? This is what this article is all about. I will give you 10 important points on writing a good CV
1. Be aware if the aim of your CV
Don’t make your CV too long of one with unnecessary details. If you make it too long, it will depict you as one who is desperate for a job.Instead, write to indicate your strong point s clearly to create the idea in the minds of the reader that you are the one they are seeking for.
2. Show your strong points and good aspects
You can be having all the good qualities of being creative and disciplined but if you put them in your CV in a list there is no proof of this,however if you indicate in your CV what have you achieved due to these qualities of yours for your work place then this would be the better way.
3. The usage of correct keywords
Since now everything is computerized now most companies use automated methods of selecting candidates for jobs. For this purpose they will the relevant keywords for the job and will search through search engines to look for the suitable candidates. If you CV don’t have the right keywords your resume will not appear and with it your chance to go for the interview will disappear.
4. Usage of Good titles
The titles in your CV should be able to describe the contents to a great extent. If they do your CV will get the attention of your would be employers.
5. Avoid typing errors
When you have finished making your CV read it again a couple of times to make sure that there are no typing errors. A nasty typing error could cost you a job. If you are not sure get somebody else to proof read it.
6. Write your CV in point form and keep the sentences short
Employers cannot read stories; hence keep things in short and sweet in point form.
7. Express your professional Objectives
The company you are applying to join has its own objectives. Find them from their advertisement or the website and align your goals with them. Throughout your CV make sure that they are spread about.
8. Write your CV in the order of importance of the information
Write the important information first. If your job experience is the one you are going to beat others with then put it first and then the rest.
9. Type the CV Attractively
When typing a CV avoid typing too many capital letters and make the font big enough to make it legible. 12 is a good font size.
10. Never write things that are obvious and don’t repeat
Now you have finished writing the CV, don’t write that you are available for interview and details could be provided upon request. These are not necessary as they are obvious.
- Www Nigeria brewing any vancy to wash bottle in abia state
- geologist jobs october 2016
- out sourcing jobs vacancy in lagos nigeria for ssce holders 2016
- recent 2016 brewery jobs in nigeria
- 2016 federal civil service jobs
- FCSC nigeria different grade levels
- high paying teaching job in top schools in lagos
- current job with irc
- latest poultry jobs in Pakistan