A FOOD SECURITY SECTOR NGO CO-CHAIR – NIGERIA – MAIDUGURI
Country: NIGERIA, based in Maiduguri
Context: Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 local government areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The Nigeria mission came under ACF-FR management on January 1st 2019. Financing is issued from donors such as DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounts to approximately 70 million USD. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three bases offices : Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
Maiduguri 190 Plus staff Seconded Staff/Daily Workers, 11 Project over a financial volume of 30+ million Euro, Security level is 3.
Length of contract: 11 month, starting ASAP
You will be in charge to build up support the Food Security Sector and provide platform for I/NGO’s to share their experience and approach towards improving the food security for vulnerable population in Northeast of Nigeria.
More precisely, you will be in charge to:
- Contribute and support Food security assessment tools for Food Security Sector in Northern Nigeria.
- Monitor and visit partner locations, which are not off limits for FSL Sector Lead
- Coordinate and agree with stakeholders especially with NGO’s on Food basket and its composition.
- Contribute and share the technical inputs on approaches for IGA, Agrico and non-Agrico activities
- Represent FSL on behalf of NGO’s
You hold a Master degree in Food Security, Agronomy, Agriculture, International Development or other fields relevant with at least 5 years of field experience with NGO’s on coordination in food security activities.
Recognized for your experience of management in an emergency context, you have the ability with donors / partners and have excellent skills in writing and documenting.
You prove ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You have knowledge of FSS Cluster mechanisms and you are fluent in English
You have the ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites.
It is a mission provides diverse oppurtunity with various spectrum of sectors in development and Humanitarian works. It is one of the mission to work and try towards NEXUS and build the foundations for New Ways Of Working (NWOW). If you have project management skills and technical depth than Nigeria mission is the one for YOU.
Status: Fix-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1 805 € to 2 305 € upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 329 € + 210 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.