Africa Delivery Technologies Limited New Job Available
Africa Delivery Technologies Limited – Our client, is an exciting new start-up company in the logistics market in Nigeria committed to offering online, reliable and secure parcel shipping services within large metropolitan areas. Operations aim to start in Lagos in Q3 2018.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Operations
Job Type: Full Time
- You are a process-oriented, data-driven operations & logistics manager who is ready troll up your sleeves, join a passionate team, and build a business at light speed while tackling the large Nigerian parcel shipping market.
- You not only possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, creative problem solving, detail orientation and interpersonal skills, but can also drive a core part of our business: making sure our amazing services are available and perfectly executed tour customers conveniently and seamlessly.
- In this role you’ll own day-to-day operations, employee management, and constant margin evaluation of delivery operations, communicating business status and progress to executive management.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to directly impact the customer experience through the planning and seamless execution of our services while also maximizing efficiency and P&L health.
What You’ll Do
- Own the Client’s operations team, including external delivery partners and all internal operations, while working alongside our Marketing & Engineering on strategy and delivery times
- Enable efficient and accurate schedules/routes, which minimize drive times and mileage
- Provide accurate and timely operational and financial reporting while holding delivery team accountable to KPIs & Quality of Service Metrics
- Use data to drive improvements to delivery operations and ensure high-quality customer experiences, delivery protocols, driver support and best practices
- Work to minimize costs, improve services and process efficiencies
- Set up and manage the Customer Service.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Operations or Analytics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing transportation operations to ensure lowest-cost and on-time delivery
- 5+ years of experience managing relationships with vendors
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible in a constantly-changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of excel / google sheets and ease with a variety of tech platforms, including accounting and reporting.
- Strong understanding and experience of developing and managing metric-orientated logistics processes and the ability to measure, analyze, improve, control and take ownership of the processes
- Experience in managing customer service
- Ability to effectively manage hourly employees
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate and lead a team, even indirect reports
Life at our client’s
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Competitive salary & equity package.