The most important thing in securing a job is to produce an attractive CV. Writing a good CV is an art one has to learn. How to write a good CV that could impress your would be employer? This is what this article is all about. I will give you 10 important points on writing a good CV
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following job vacancies:
The Account Manager will be accountable for building key relationships, managing and maximizing customer satisfaction at key customer accounts as well as growing usage, revenue and market share to help achieve the company’s strategic objectives. The individual will work closely with multiple groups within the customer’s organization, as well as sales, service, support, training, marketing, finance, legal and other internal functions to provide a single, comprehensive view to the customer across their Financial and Risk products and solutions. The role requires a strategic thinker that can build senior level relationships across the industry, partner with customers to understand their organization, needs and workflow, plan an account strategy and execute seamlessly to deliver business results.
Responsibilities Manages, retains and grows revenue at key assigned customer accounts. Responsible for net sales and accountable for end-to-end sales, service and customer satisfaction on the account. Establishes strong, long-term customer relationships with key decision makers and cultivates new business opportunities through deep knowledge of customer’s workflow and business. Defines, develops and executes a growth-centric account plan and overall strategy across multiple parts of the customer’s organization and our organization. Responsible for accurate forecasting, up to date account plans, customer call reports, timely management reporting, and market and competitive intelligence. Acts as primary point of contact for the client, gathering requirements, driving product usage, providing an escalation path to and from product, development, training, service, billing and other teams as needed, and ensuring that requirements or issues are promptly handled. On a regular basis, reviews the suite of products and solutions at the account to ensure fitness for purpose, and helps to apply any changes to the portfolio to meet the customer’s needs. Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions and proactively shares new relevant features, content or product enhancements with customers. Accountable for individual expense budget management. Manages several geographically and functionally diverse accounts. May deliver presentations, demos and customer training as necessary.Qualification and Experience: University/college degree in Finance or Business management, or combination of education and equivalent experience in the financial services industry. Preferably native or strong French speaker, with excellent English Prior experience in an account management, sales or customer relationship management function strongly preferred. Strong understanding of financial industry customers and their business model and workflows. Excellent relationships or proven skills to build relationships at all levels, from C-suite to senior management, business and technical stakeholders. Demonstrated customer focus and consultative selling skills Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills for different audiences Ability to develop and execute a sales and account plan Ability to use a variety of technologies with a high level of proficiency. Problem solving – an ability to understand, articulate and solve client needs. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
The individual will develop the financial markets sustainably across a fast-growing region.
Responsibilities within West Africa· Growing and retaining the organization’s financial business.
· Growing and managing senior level relationships in financial institutions, corporate and the public sector; directly managing government accounts.
· Overseeing and managing revenue.
· Driving consistent and excellent experience across all aspects of the client journey.
· Providing feedback on industry trends, challenges and opportunities to, and prioritizing client needs.
· Promoting the organization’s brand and value proposition in the financial, corporate and government communities.
· Supporting the different functions within the financial business, and other organizational businesses, by sharing leads, needs and relationships, and conducting joint discussions, as required to drive the success and profitability of the entire organisation.
· Developing a high performing team, and ensuring alignment of other virtual team members towards the common goals of the business.
· Success measured by growth in revenue, net sales and net installations in strategic client segments.Qualification and Experience:· 10 years experience within the financial markets space
. Experience in Financial Institutions, Investment Banking or Retail arena or International organization is an added advantage
. Relationship and connection within the financial and public sector is a plus
· Demonstrated success in a sales, account management, business development and/or client service role is essential.
· Prior management experience is required.
· A strong network of contacts within the region is strongly preferred.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s full value proposition.
· Ability to build business relationship with clients at all levels.
· Excellent English language skills to enable effective communication both internally and externally. French is strongly preferred.
· Self motivation and highly driven personality.
· Proven track record of business achievement.
Job Purpose· Work closely with colleagues in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and the GGO Governments Market Development teams to execute on an agreed business development plan, which includes the following:
. Proactively engage with federal and state government entities and major public sector organizations in Nigeria, and similarly in other ECOWAS countries and at an ECOWAS level, building strong relationships, understanding core requirements, communicating and showcasing organization’s services and capabilities across the relevant business lines, working with internal and external stakeholders to develop applicable propositions, and winning business with targeted institutions
. Grow revenue in the government segment across ECOWAS.
. Create and maintain a network of strategic alliances with external partners, to support market penetration objectives
. Support the GGO Governments Market Development team with business development initiatives in other markets where required, assuming ownership where appropriateResponsibilities· Develop a strong understanding of our services and capabilities across organization’s business lines in order to meet short- and long-term revenue targets.
· Focus new business initiatives in Nigeria and the rest of ECOWAS on the government and quasi-government sector.
· Support regional leadership team in the development and refinement of government growth plans, drawing from previous experience to identify opportunities, requirements and ‘go to market’ strategy.
· Develop government relationships: identify government and public sector targets based on strategy and business priorities; arrange and attend meetings with senior government and public sector representatives, drafting formal requests and attending high-level networking functions and social events as and where required.
· Raise awareness: communicate our capabilities to government and public sector representatives, qualify scope of opportunity and provide clear, structured feedback to internal stakeholders.
· Proactively source government tenders, formal requests for proposal and unsolicited proposals through engagement, clarify the scope of work as appropriate, and prioritise opportunities. Own proposal writing and bid management, designing solutions matching the scope of opportunity in conjunction with internal and external parties, and submit/present proposals/bids to government entities and public sector institutions.
· Handle negotiations and discussions over contractual terms with prospective clients.
· Oversee secured projects, and maintain relationships on an ongoing basis.
· Demonstrate thought leadership on public sector reform and opportunities in region of relevance, speaking at conferences as appropriate.
· Join Nigerian government delegations visiting abroad on a selective basis.
· Work with internal stakeholders to establish and maintain strategic alliances with third parties, including consultants, multilateral organizations and policy advisory bodies, to help grow our business and complement capabilities.
· Project manage operations and delivery of strategic projects in Nigeria and other geographies as required.Qualifications/Experience· Bachelors Degree in Economics/Business/Law/Finance/Engineering/IT
· MBA or other Masters Degree preferred
· 10+ years experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on advising government and quasi-government customers
· Prior experience of the Nigerian market and pre-existing contacts/relationships are essential
· Strong consulting/strategy/advisory background preferredSkills/Competencies· Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly are mandatory
· Must be comfortable working with and presenting to senior management
· A collaborative and flexible – yet organized and efficient – work ethic is essential to the role
· Proven track record in project managing complex engagements, and working to tight deadlines
· Experience in at least two industries of the following preferred: Financial, Legal, Tax and ICT
· Fluency in French is an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
AFC is an African-led multilateral development finance institution, established in 2007, with a mission to improve African economies by proactively developing and financing infrastructure, industrial and financial assets. With the aspiration to be the leading infrastructure financier on the continent, AFC is involved as an investor, developer and financier of various infrastructure projects, and is […]Continue reading
Our 30 year success story has been one filled with excitement and fulfilment for our clients, overcoming difficult challenges, cutting across Private, Public and social sectors while staying true to our beliefs that limitations are only a figment of the imagination, with our committed and innovative team, we have proved this time and again.
Our focus has always been to maximize output, performance and excellence, and this can be attested to by the numerous brands we have worked with in West Africa.
Our major driving force is our deep seated passion to improve performance using the best possible initiative ideas, supporting our clients to improve and modify, exceeding expectations and in the end creating ultimate satisfaction. We are constantly on the edge of transforming, as we believe that nothing is impossible.
The following vacancies exist :
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Job Title: Business and Transformation Consultant
Help define Operator business and operational strategies with attention to their customer lifecycle and enabling improved customer experience
Shape and lead holistic programs across various technology and service s that translate business and operational shortfalls into transformation programs and related initiatives
Sell, manage and deliver enterprise transformation projects to telecoms clients in sub-Saharan Africa by leveraging the OSS (Operational Systems Support) / BSS (Business Support Systems) domains to enable business objectives and strategies
Design and deliver initiatives based on the customer’s current and future enterprise architecture
Develop roadmaps of prioritized OSS & BSS initiatives with due consideration of processes, systems, people and organizational integration, impact and tangible benefits.
Provide integrated consulting services across business processes, business & organisational models, organizational change management, business readiness and deployment
Undertake capability and maturity assessments across processes, systems and people.
Develop business cases to quantify the benefits and related realizable benefits of initiatives
Support operators in defining implementation strategies and plans to execute prioritized initiatives drive improved customer experience
Business development skills based on a consultative approach
Strategy development, Systems analysis and Processes development skills
Change Management planning and Execution skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) – able to explain complex concepts
Consultative selling and delivery knowledge
Business centric approach bridging the gap between technology ( IT & networks and business
Ability to work in complex and sometimes unstructured environments
Team and stakeholder management
Deep telecommunications and IT industry knowledge
Proven business development, sales and delivery record with a focus on transformation and/or improvement and efficiency programs.
Operating model development, business architecture development and organisational structuring for telecommunications companies.
Architecture, TOGAF and Frameworx knowledge beneficial
Understanding of processes and architecture related to fulfilment, assurance and billing
Customer Experience Management and/or implementation of actionable intelligence programs
Managing cross functional teams
Track record, experience and ability to interact with senior (C-Level) stakeholders
Senior Manager / Principal Consultant
MBA degree preferred
Minimum relevant 3 year Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate qualification recommended)
6 years + experience in consulting
5 years + experience within telecommunications and IT industries
Willingness and ability to travel in Africa up to 75% of the time
Strong references from senior management in reputable Telecommunications companies
References to projects where above skills and experience were demonstrated
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with leadership in diabetes care. The company has leading positions within haemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. Novo Nordisk employs more than 40,000 employees in 75 countries who strive to make a difference every day.
Job Title: Project Manager
The BoP Project aims to increase patients’ access to diabetes care and Novo Nordisk products in a sustainable and scalable manner. As BoP Project Manager, you will drive the execution of the BoP project in Nigeria by executing distribution optimisation, education and awareness campaigns, and other relevant activities. Through successful external management, you will establish and lead partnerships with national and local authorities, healthcare institutions, and project partners. Awareness holds a very important weight; hence you will ensure awareness of diabetes and BoP initiatives in the regions where the BoP project is present to ensure high level of attendance of people with diabetes at facilities included in project scope. You will be responsible for the project budget and KPIs.
The position requires travelling 4-8 weeks in a year within sub-Saharan Africa and extensive field work in Nigeria.
You hold a relevant BSc degree (e.g. in Business Administration, Marketing, Life Sciences, Public Health, Public Affairs, etc.).
You have minimum 5 years of experience particularly in project management.
English proficiency is mandatory.
You have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
You demonstrate ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input.
You are a problem-solving, result-oriented, and multi-tasking individual, who can perform under pressure.
You are flexible to work with different origins and cultures in difficult and changing environments.
At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. From research and development, to manufacturing, marketing and sales, we strive to improve quality of life of people living with diabetes.
If you are interested in the challenging and rewarding position posted above, please apply via www.novonordisk.com/jobs . CVs sent to e-mail account will not be taken into consideration; the applications received at the jobs site are reviewed.
For further questions, you can contact Ece Ozsan via email@example.com.
14 January 2015.
We are a soon-to-launch, premium online general interest news publication that covers the business side of all subjects in Nigeria and Africa in general. We are assembling a group of young, highly skilled and well-motivated team players who want to be game changers. Candidates should be able to prove they have a nose for news […]Continue reading
HR extension is a new venture into staffing and HR solution specialized in providing high-end services across all industry verticals. Based at Bangalore-INDIA. We are recruiting for a Large IT/ICT Company located at Lagos, Nigeria. BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST – IT/ICT KEY RESPONSIBILITIESWork closely with clients and the business to identify and analyses core business processes […]Continue reading
A multinational company America Chinese Yefeng West Africa Ltd (AC Yefeng West Africa Ltd), entering the Nigerian markets, is seeking to employ energetic and vibrant young professionals to fill the following positions.Qualification: B.Sc. Accounting, ICAN, ACCA, M.Sc. Accounting added advantage minimum of 5 years working experience as an accountant in a reputable construction company, multinational […]Continue reading
GE(NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. We are recruiting to fill the below position:Job Title: West Africa Security LeaderJob […]Continue reading
America Chinese Yafeng West Africa Limited (AC Yafeng West Africa Limited), a multinational company entering the Nigerian market, is seeking to employ energetic and vibrant young professionals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Architect
Minimum of B.Sc in Architecture, M.Sc an added advantage. Must be able to use Autocad, Microsoft project and related architectural/construction software. Must be creative and good in graphic design. Minimum of 5 years experience as an architect in a reputable construction company, multinational company or an architectural firm. Job Title: Civil/Structural Site Engineer
B.Sc/HND, M.Sc is an added advantage. 5 years experience as an engineer on site in a construction company, multinational company or an engineering firm. Must be able to use Autocad, Microsoft project and any other software for engineering. Job Title: Marketing /Sales Officer, Housing & Estates
Qualification and Experience
B.Sc in Marketing. Minimum of 3 years experience.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Qualification and Experience
B.Sc in related discipline. Minimum of 3 years experience. Job Title: Accountant
B.Sc Accounting, ICAN, ACCA, MSc Accounting added advantage. Minimum of 5 yrs working experience as an accountant in a reputable construction company, multinational company, or accounting firm. Must be able to use accounting soft-wares especially tally ERP 9.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Venue will be communicated to short-listed applicants accordingly.
Application Deadline 5th December, 2014.
Interview Date 6th December, 2014
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, is one of the leading investors and lenders in emerging markets. The mission of IFC is to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. IFC finances private sector investments in the […]Continue reading