Req ID: 4019
Responsible for driving the customers long term IT infrastructure evolution, (s)he will be the speaking partner to customer CIO/CMO. The CIO will drive the generation of new business opportunities with support from Engagement Practices.
Key responsibilities include:
• Strengthen assigned account(s) by supporting KAMs in direct customer dialogues, providing experience and knowledge of Ericsson technology and offerings
• Support KAMs in leveraging the go-to-market model to maximize business performance, initiating and driving dialogues building on existing business.
• Capture sales opportunities and secure a high level of quality regardless of the engagement model.
• Secure understanding of competition, market situation, etc. building on in-depth knowledge and understanding of the customer.
• Responsible for creating a highly capable and experienced organization, facilitate the planning process between CU/KAM and Engagement Practices.
• Generate or support sales by ensuring that Ericsson is perceived as a technology leader, and that our solutions (end-to-end) provide added value compared to the competition by being a trusted advisor to key decision makers in the customer organization.
• At more senior levels drive sales by providing extensive experience and knowledge on technical matters directly in discussions with customers at a C-Level.
Collaborate with KAM to grow the customer business
• Develop and maintain relationships with the customer’s key decision makers within the CIO organizations
• Initiate and drive customer dialogue-building on existing business
• Be active in the pre-sales and sales phases, to ensure a strong dialogue with the customer’s executive technical management
• Build, nurture and leverage internal and external relationships to ensure network superiority
• Build loyalty by proactively making customer contacts successful in own organization
• Develop customer advocates to position Ericsson as domain partner
• Develop close technical cooperation by collaborative initiatives around technology development
• Drive performance and LCM* for customers by promoting the latest available solutions
• Evolve/Manage existing frame agreements, expanding scope and supporting renegotiations
• Secure winning RFQs regardless of the engagement model
• Facilitate the fulfillment of commitments (quality, executions, LM)
Communicate the customer visions, strategies and requirements within Ericsson
• Understand the customer visions, strategies, network and capture requirements
• Evaluate Ericsson’s current strategy and plans vis à vis customer’s strategic plans
• Collect customer insight as input to thought leadership development
• Communicate the customer vision and strategies internally within Ericsson
• Communicate prioritized customer requirements (MRD) to internal stakeholders
• Strive to ensure that gaps in solution capabilities are properly considered in the product development phases
• Facilitate the planning process between CU/KAM and Engagement Practices
• Secure understanding of local market dynamics and competitive landscape
Generate sales by positioning Ericsson as a technology leader
• Assure customer awareness for implications of technology trends
• Keep up to date on Ericsson technology roadmap
• Ensure that the customer has a good understanding of Ericsson’s technology and solution vision and strengths
• Ensure Ericsson’s ranking from a technology perspective to position as one of the selected vendors
• Influence the strategic directions of the customer with a consultative approach already before RFI and trials/PoC
• Drive Executive Technology Strategy Alignment Meetings
• Ensure the test cases of trials/PoC are in advantage of Ericsson capabilities
• Lead the technical part of RFI input
Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and reuse
• Act as SME in course material development
• Share information about solution to enable customer competence build
• Share information about solution to enable internal competence build
• Support deployment of solution
• Make presentations of solutions in seminars / conferences
• Provide feedback in R&D
• Give input to project-one pages
• Contribute to relevant communities within Ericsson
• Perform coaching and mentoring activities to enable internal competence build up
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Engineering (MSc) or equivalent (Communications, Informatics or related Telecoms/IT qualification) mandatory, MBA is an advantage
• 8-10 Years in the Telecoms/IT industry and relevant professional experience in dealing with Telecom operators.
• experience across sub-Saharan Africa in a multinational environment
• Must have a good overall understanding of telecommunications technology and network operator business, as well as a sound knowledge of working in a technical sales environment.
Includes basic business modeling, and calculating profitability and risk exposure applicable to individual’s level of responsibilities. Working knowledge of contractual and commercial requirements, terms and conditions, as well as understanding of how these should be applied in different situations and for specific offering types
Ericsson Portfolio Knowledge
Includes ability to sell key offerings to customers through knowledge of sales strategies, customer business cases, key selling points, main customer deliverables, key Ericsson success stories and sales experiences that can be leveraged in the sales effort
Sales Process & Tools
Knowledge of Ericsson’s global sales process and its key elements, ability to position business solutions as the best choice as early as possible in the customer’s buying process, and knowledge of how to use common sales tools
Know what is important in order to develop business in both the short and long term. Understand the competition and industry trends and see the big picture. Focus on key market needs and develop solutions and offerings that provide the greatest value for the company
Regularly seek and identify opportunities to grow the business and act with urgency and enthusiasm when pursuing these. Focus on opportunities that are likely to provide the greatest probability of success. Understand the customer priorities and business needs and be able to identify opportunities that maximize returns. Show persistence, efficiency, and flexibility in making the most out of opportunities
Win the Business
Help to secure business with a combination of business savvy and the ability to gain the commitment of the customer by means of successful influencing and negotiation. Focus efforts on solutions that add value and support profitability.
Learn and Grow
Adapt to new demands and remain productive under stress. Dare to try new ways of doing things. Continually expand one’s own knowledge and proactively manage one’s self-development
Build on Relationships
Demonstrate social skills and interpersonal sensitivity in interactions with others. Build credibility and trust and establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers. Leverage relationships to promote business success.
Share this job now with friends on your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin