The most important thing in securing a job is to produce an attractive CV. Writing a good CV is an art one has to learn. How to write a good CV that could impress your would be employer? This is what this article is all about. I will give you 10 important points on writing a good CV
Wragby Business Solutions and Technologies Limited – We empower our customers to fully optimise day-to-day operational tasks by providing best-in-class business and technology solutions, embrace innovation, reduce risk and further control costs. We design, implement and manage IT systems to enable organisations that rely on IT to grow and flourish. We provide services to manage […]Continue reading
IAN Associates is recruiting to fill the position of: Business Development Manager (Automobile)Job Title: Business Development Manager (Automobile)Job Location: Lagos Job DescriptionResponsible for finding and developing new strategic business initiatives and partnership in West AfricaConsistently expand the pipelines by penetrating existing markets, identifying and extending into new markets in the West Africa, new product development, valuation of potential […]Continue reading
Phil-Qleen Services Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
RequirementsHND / Degree qualification in relevant disciplineMotivated and passionate in business developmentMethod of Application
Interested applicant should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SBTel & Devices is an indigenous Telecommunications and ICT service support company based in Nigeria. Our operations revolve
around the business of Telecoms Brokerage, Biometric Solutions, Identity & Access Management, Telecoms and IT Consultancy, Security and Biometrics Equipment Provision and Installation, Software Acquisition, Mobile Application Development, Programming, etc
SBTelecoms is recruiting to fill the position of:
Deliver excellent customer service, at all timesReceive incoming mails, acknowledge and stampMaintain the general filing system and file all correspondenceResponsible for the Management of the front desk and all equipmentProvide word-processing and secretarial supportRe-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when requiredReport any front desk maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including allfurniture, fittings and equipmentPerform other related duties as requiredSkills Required
Age (18-24)TrainableFemaleGood written and verbal communication skills- EnglishOND (Max)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
At Google, one Googler can make a huge impact, and it’s no different with our interns–they are key players in our daily innovation. Our internships expose you to the technology industry, as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional development. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects core to Google’s […]Continue reading
Innov8 Ltd a specialist Oil & Gas recruitment firm is recruiting for a highly reputable Indigenous Oil & Gas company seeking to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer
Drive the implementation of the field optimization of the producing fields, oil gas and condensate, including location preparation, well planning, drilling and hook-up to the production stations, with specific focus on HSE, Cost, Time and Recovery per well,
Drive the recovery per well of the existing producing wells, ensure that the well and reservoir management processes are fit for purpose, documented and engrained in our own organization and in that of our partners, with particular focus on well uptime and increased recovery per reservoir,
Develop for the Utorogu-Ughelli node an Integrated Production System Model, from reservoir drainage points to point of sales, key focus areas are maximization of the gas and liquids volumes sold, within the technical limits of the reservoirs, quantity and quality of gas liquids resources,
Ensure a world class database that is third party verifiable. The summary document, the E-well book, is the life Asset Reference Document and is formerly updated quarterly with the relevant historic dynamic and static data for the field, the wells, drainage points, reservoirs, and flowstation and surface infrastructure,
Contribute to the Business Planning Process budget costs and Hydrocarbon forecasting.
Ensure alignment and timely approvals both internal and with partners and government bodies alike.
Coordinate the technical input into the Management Committee meetings with partners,
Contribute to the generation, coordination and delivery of the approval processes, for drilling Well proposals, Well data gathering campaigns, Well re-entry and work proposals.
Ensure seamless integration between Exploration, Well Engineering, Production and Finance alike.
Work out discipline specific guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international technical practices.
Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigerian and possibly international, covering both land, swamp and deepwater experience.
Track record in Field Development Planning and execution, Dynamic Reservoir 2D/3D Modeling, Material Balance, Drainage pattern & Well and Reservoir recovery optimization, PVT analysis, Well Test design and execution,
Track record in Production System Asset, Reservoir Planning & Monitoring, Modelling and Optimization, Forecasting, by Asset, Reservoir and drainage point,
Full dynamic understanding from reservoir to point of sales, including sampling, testing, processing, measuring, losses, hydrocarbon accounting etc.
Asset and Reservoir stewardship, Resource reporting, by Asset, reservoir and drainage point NNS, SPE
HOW TO APPLY:
You can send Your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th January, 2015Continue reading
YouWiN! stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
With the upcoming launch of YouWiN! 4, the President of Nigeria will have fulfilled his promise to financially support over 3,600 Nigerian youths to develop their entrepreneurial ideals and plans through the YouWiN! program.
YouWiN! 4 is open to both male and female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 – 45 years.
HOW TO APPLY
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.
You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
If you have any trouble registering please read our tips and troubleshooting advice, and if you still have problems after following this advice, please contact us.
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application.
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition. You can join the discussion on Facebook, Linkedln and Twitter. We will also post regular updates on the YouWiN! homepage.
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required) You must have a post-secondary school qualification Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens. Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution You must prepare an innovative business concept summary You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.
For more information, visit https://www.youwin.org.ng/apply-now
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have
continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
Business Sales Executive
Note: Please read carefully before applying this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact current and potential customers, visit companies to evaluate needs, and promote sale of services, new and existing company services.
• Sale of the organization’s tools & services to the both existing and potential customers using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the tools/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
• Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
§ Determining market strategies & goals for each product and service
§ Researching and developing lists of potential customers
§ Carrying out market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff
§ Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs
following up on sales leads and developing leads
§ Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
§ Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products & services.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
§ Developing sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services and making presentations to users/clients
§ Developing technical presentations & workshops; maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
§ Making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads; acting to close deals & finalize contacts
§ Meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals
• Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
§ Researching, developing & maintaining long & short range sales & marketing plans
§ Producing regular reports & final plans for management’s approval
§ Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market sales plans
§ Monitoring, analyzing, & communicating sales data to contribute to product/service planning
• Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels customers
• Meets and or exceed assigned company sales targets.
• Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, sales programs, promotions, efforts and events including goal setting.
• Develops service awareness in the marketplace to ensure sustained profit growth of sales in the company.
• Prepares written reports of sales activities including sales orders, backlog, forecasts, lost accounts etc.; provides timely briefings to the Management as necessary or as requested.
• Perform surveys and gather information on behalf of the company.
• Manage allotted sales account(s) of both existing and potential customers.
• Establish and maintain ongoing customer relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in site visits.
• Meet and exceed customers’ service expectations as outlined in the department’s policies and procedures.
• Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth.
• Generate requested or assigned departmental reports
• Monitor and supervise the business sales officers.
• Represent the Company as a Brand Ambassador.
§ Performs other duties as required or as assigned
• Experience in sales would be an added advantage
• Good relational and interpersonal skills.
• Good team spirit
• Good problem solving, initiative and negotiation skills
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good presentation skills
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Good analytical skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Good reasoning ability is important.
• Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos and other documents to conduct business.
A good university first degree is required.
Note: Please read carefully before applying this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carrying out analysis of accounts receivable related records. Review and correct
• Receives departmental and project budgets; analyzes budgets, budget monitoring
and forwards analysis to the line manager and or H.O.D.
• Receives daily project progress reports for preparation and processing client
• Client payment invoice tracking – Keep track of the money going into and coming
out of an organization. This includes monitoring the accounts payable and the
accounts received, as well as tracking and cataloging the progress of invoices.
• Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are
up to date
• Reports and Documentations- Develops and reviews financial reports and
documentations, whether internal or external. This will include tax forms, financial
disclosures, and memos or letters informing relevant parties of the company’s
• Budget Planning- Monitors company’s finances, setting financial priorities and
creating budgetary goals. Receives departmental and project budgets; analyzes
budgets, budget monitoring and forwards analysis to the Financial Controller.
• Reconciles bank statements, daily charges and cash, cheques and bankcard
• Process, code, balance, and post payments and bankcards received.
• Responsible for matters related to funding and money management. Supervise the
receipt and disbursement of money, as well as in planning for the company’s
financial future. Reviews them for accuracy.
• Detecting Financial Irregularities- In charge of detecting and, where possible,
correcting any financial irregularities. This can include funds that appear to be
missing, accounting books that don’t add up or discrepancies in invoices.
• Audit Preparation- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external
accounting firm and auditors in strict adherence to the company’s procedures.
• Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
• Record and prepare financial statements that adhere to generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements and company policies.
• Prepare background worksheets and input information on Financial Planning
exercises based on policy decisions made by the management team and within
agreed deadlines. Review and monitor preparation for internal audit in liaison with
Chief Accountant and CFO
• Internal Audit & Control- Internal Auditing, Financial Risk and Cost control
• Treasury- Banking, Financial Resourcing and Loan Management
• Budget & Planning- Budgeting, Budget Performance, Cashflow, Financial Planning,
Financial KPI, BOD Reporting, Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Asset Register
• Tax Compliance- Tax Planning and Tax Implementation
• Prints, verifies, maintains and analyzes accounts receivables reports and aging
reports; expected date of revenue; actual date; days overdue.
• Client purchase order analysis and tracking.
• Financial analysis of company and projects; determining profitability of company
• Administers preparation of interim, year-end and comparative financial reports;
performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget.
• Prepares required government reports as directed by the Chief Accountant and or
H.O.D and responds to inquiries as necessary.
• Calculating financial ratios and valuation.
• Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to
apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by the Chief
Accountant and or H.O.D.
• Also responsible for Foreign Exchange Management, Working Capital Management
and Bank relationships Management
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
• Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with
accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational
• Good analytical and data analysis skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and
successfully operate under guidelines.
• Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies relating to payroll, taxes and
general business financial conditions.
• Must be proficient in MS Office software – Word, Excel.
A university degree in Finance/Accounting preferred.
TO APPLYContinue reading
Propcom Mai-Karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a high-performing, results-oriented Nigerian professional to serve as Intervention/Business Development Manager.Position: Intervention/Business Development Manager Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, includmaning 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural […]Continue reading
We are a major player in the Decorative, Protective and Marine paints in West Africa with our headquarters in Lagos. We also represent a large Global Paint Company in Nigeria. Suitable candidates with high energy, positive attitude and desire to excel can apply for the following positions.A. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER:HND/B.Sc./MBA in a related field 5-7 […]Continue reading
Job DescriptionThe Role: The New Business Manager would be required to perform the following functions: • Recruit new qualified associates into the business.• Train and develop new recruits.• Work with the marketing manager to achieve recruitment goals.• Design and execute strategy to bring in new recruits into the business.• Handle inbound and outbound calls to […]Continue reading
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling operations contractor on 33 offshore platforms worldwide and owns and operates a fleet of mobile offshore drilling units consisting of 2 jack-ups and 3 self-erecting tender barges. The company also owns and operates a fleet of more than 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.
Job Title: Graduate Operations Engineer
Who We Are Looking For
The KCA Deutag Graduate Development Programme has been created to help accelerate the development of qualified graduates to successful future KCA Deutag managers and leaders within a 3 year time period. These managers will be fully equipped to run Safe, Effective and Trouble-free operations.
The aim for all Operations Graduates is to reach the level of Assistant Rig Manager (or equivalent) upon completion of the programme. The programme has therefore been designed to provide our Operations Graduates with the widest possible exposure to KCA Deutag’s people, operations, equipment, processes and clients.
Intensive rig-based training up to the level of Assistant Rig Superintendent/Toolpusher
Completion of “Milestone” questions to ensure a suitable level of competence has been gained in each rig based position
Corporate based assignments, either in the Aberdeen office or any of our local in-country offices
Completion of structured training, delivered by the KCA Deutag or external providers
Completion of various self-study modules, reports and presentations
What we look for
Key skills & attributes
Applicants must be:
Open to working with different cultures
Able to demonstrate leadership in conjunction with commitment and have a determination to succeed
Prepared to work rotational assignments, both on and offshore, along with office based assignments
Able to demonstrate a fluency in English, both oral and written
Willing to undertake training during field break
Willing to work in any of KCA Deutag’s worldwide locations
Applicants must hold a minimum of a 2:1 degree in any discipline, with the following disciplines being preferred;
– BEng or MEng Honours
– BSc Honours in an engineering discipline