The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Volunteer
- The Centre is seeking for programme volunteers to supports various programmes of the organizations.
- Anyone occupying the position will report directly to the CDD Programmes Lead.
- He or she will accomplish technical tasks related to project implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning.
- A programme volunteer will work closely with the programme staff to execute assign tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences or other related field
- 1+ years’ experience in social work or related sectors.
S/He will need to show:
- Proficiency in social media management.
- Make use of frequency counts, descriptive statistics (mean, standard deviation, median), normality (skewness, kurtosis, frequency histograms to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of any of the statistical software – EpiInfo, IBM SPSS Statistics, Stata, Open Refine, QGIS and R
- Ability to import data collected by field agents through apps into Excel for cleaning, transformation and visualization.
- Utilize pivot tables and charts in Excel to extract the significance from the data pool.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
- A flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work.
- Team work and multi-task
- Critical thinking and attention to details.
- The capacity to inspire and motivate others
- The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, Resume or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applications submitted via email will be evaluated. Scanned applications will be disregarded. Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Chinedu Oguaghamba, Programmes Volunteer.
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply. Female candidates and people living with disability are Strongly encouraged to apply for this opportunity
Application Deadline 25th January, 2019.