Chief of Party, Nigeria
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Winrock International Welcomes Applicants from all geographic regions of the world. If you do not have a five digit zip code in your region, please populate the zip code prompt with 11111 to proceed.
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party
GROUP: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
Winrock seeks an experienced and dynamic Chief of Party to lead an innovative agriculture extension and advisory services program in Nigeria. The program will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
- Lead program implementation, coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders – including government agencies, academic institutions, farmers/farmers groups, agribusinesses/service providers, financial institutions, and others – to achieve lasting impacts in Nigeria’s agriculture sector.
- Oversee program administration, operations, and budget management, aligned with Winrock and donor policies and regulations.
- Provide technical and administrative direction to project staff, consultants and partners.
- Apply adaptive management and learning to evaluate program results and impact. Institute adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course correct activities that are not yielding desired results.
- Work in close partnership with the donor to ensure alignment of project with the donor’s strategic goals and objectives, and application of program-wide learning and collaboration.
- Coordinate and collaborate with host government programs and other donor projects to leverage resources and maximize results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Academic degree in agricultural economics, agriculture education, extension education, business, or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex agriculture, value chain development, or agriculture extension/education programs required. Africa experience strongly preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex agriculture, value chain development, or agriculture extension/education programs required. Africa experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate activities with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks with public and private sector actors that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated understanding with USG M&E frameworks and reporting systems. Skills in knowledge management, qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, data analysis, collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA) approach preferred.
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
Other: Fluency in English is required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.