We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Care Specialist
Job ID: 13-9557
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: State Team Leader
- The objective of the Clinical Care Specialist position is to manage the MSH CaTSS ART program in a manner that strengthens integrated delivery of comprehensive HIV/TB and PMTCT services in partnership with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
- Together with CaTSS headquarter and State Staff, spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the comprehensive ART services provided under the CaTSS project.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State and LGA project plan in collaboration with the Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV/TB care and treatment services as well as PMTCT services in CaTSS focus states.
- Be part of the State capacity building and supervisory team ensuring quality PMTCT/ART/TB service delivery at supported health facilities
- Provide technical support on HIV care and treatment including PMTCT, ART, adherence, OI management to state partners and facility based multi disciplinary teams.
- Participate in activities to scale up HIV and PMTCT services to underserved communities in target States.
- Liaise with the HMIS staff to ensure functional PMTCT/TB/ART monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems as required in the project PMP
- Periodically monitor ARVs and OI drug stocks in the facilities and advocate for timely procurement and distribution.
- Represent MSH CaTSS project at the state and LGA level on matters of PMTCT,TB/HIV collaborative activities and ART.
- Network with other State Government, CSO and community partners in the State to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Works independently with authority from the State Team Leader, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over data or information:
- Has access to information within project, and is responsible for guiding program data generation and management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Degree (MD) and appropriate licenses and registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council
- At least 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- A graduate degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Experience in developing country health care programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online