Construction Manager at Alan & Grant
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Manager
Job Type: Full time
- The job holder will be managing multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines demonstrated by ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to hire suitable staff for successful completion of projects
- In-depth knowledge of different building methods and project management computer software.
- Project Management and Risk management functions
- Project Finance monitoring and Contract Administration
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for multiple new construction and remodelling projects across the company’s entire portfolio of projects.
- Participate in project scoping and budgeting of remodel projects.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Obtain the company’s corporate project approvals.
- Manage all dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Manage design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of the approved site plan, budget, Owner criteria, etc
- Manage the bidding process with the design team and approved general contractors.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
Qualification and Experience:
- An Undergraduate degree from a recognized and accredited University in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or other related fields
- 10 Years’ experience in construction engineering with at least 6 years in a Construction Management position
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Familiar with commercial construction building codes, energy codes, barrier free codes, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement
- Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and demonstrated ability to write precisely, effectively, and persuasively.
- A can do/proactive attitude.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online