Creative Associates International Available Job Opening
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Education Advisor
Ref Id: SENIO01208
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full-Time
- The three- to four-year European Union (EU) Support to Response, Recovery and Resilience in Borno State: Education Component will specifically address education through three intervention areas: support for early recovery and restoration of education services (particularly for girls) in areas of displacement or return/resettlement; provision of formal and non-formal education, training and skills development tailored to employment or livelihood opportunities for youth; and policy dialogue to strengthen public administration of and community engagement in management of education systems for better and sustainable education performance.
- The Senior Education Advisor will provide technical leadership in the areas of non-formal education, teacher education, community mobilization, assessment, Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), and Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (ME&L).
- The Senior Education Advisor will work with the Program Director to coordinate with the EU and key stakeholders.
- The Senior Education Advisor will be expected to work in complex, politically charged and unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Education Advisor will report to the Program Director and supervise a team of technical staff.
- Take a lead (through research undertakings) in identifying and utilizing best practices in conflict-affected contexts;
- Conduct advocacy with government officials and other stakeholders to support policy implementation that reinforces safe and conflict-sensitive learning environments; and
- Ensure the complementarity of technical approaches across the different technical components and states in which the project is implemented.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the technical component (non-formal education, teacher education, community mobilization, assessment, SEL and ME&L) of the education project;
- Support the Program Director in the coordination and implementation of project activities;
- Provide technical support to local counterparts;
- Represent the project in technical meetings with the EU, the Ministry of Education and other government counterparts, and other development partners;
- Facilitate a process that contributes to strengthening local government efforts to deliver quality education services to out-of-school boys and girls;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education or a field relevant to the proposed activity from an accredited university or tertiary institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years in positions of progressively responsible experience related to this job description;
- At least two (2) years of management experience supporting education projects in similar contexts;
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.