Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Vacancy For Consultant Firm
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (firm) to indicate their interests in providing the service below:
Title: Consultant Firm for the Assessment of the Integrity of the Community’s IT Infrastructure and the Capacity needs of the Community Computer Centre (CCC)
Type: Expression of Interest (EOI)
Duration of this consultation: 22 working days, i,e. One month
- The main objective is to carry out a comprehensive assessment of the Integrity, effectiveness as well as efficiency of the Community’s Information Technology Infrastructure, and the capacity needs to adequately protect and safeguard all IT platforms, (including the ECOLink platforms), databases and overall Community IT investments.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant Firm
- Review relevant documents;
- Conduct surveys;
- Engagement with partners;
- Engagement with vendors of CCC;
- Develop the report of the assessment, which must include a technical part and a financial part;
- Develop the report of the assessment which must include a SWOT analysis, technical part and a financial part; and
- Present the results of the study to management for validation.
- Make consultations with key staff in order to know the designation and responsibilities of staff;
- Conduct assessment interview with staff in order to ascertain their proficiency levels in their job functions;
- Take stock of Human Resources requirements for optimal operationalization of the Centre;
- Identify areas of capacity development for staff handling critical responsibilities and review a few IT Development
- Training Centres where the identified capacity building can be satisfied;
- Physically assess systems and technologies;
- Observe staff, processes and technologies;
- Conduct focused group discussions;
The qualifications of the Consultant firm should include, among others:
- The consultancy firm must have a mix of consultants with specialization in IT and other related discipline who possess at least a Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years international experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Study related to re organization, restructuration, IT infrastructure development, operation and maintenance, analysis of capacity development (including but not limited to training), needs analysis and design as well as its execution. Certification in related areas is required.
- The Consultancy firm must provide an experienced and appropriately qualified team of consultants to undertake work on the assignment from commencement to completion.
- The Team Lead must be resident in Abuja for the duration of the project. There might however be the need to travel to other Institutions and Agencies located outside Abuja
- The Consultancy firm’s project team must have (and not limited to) the following competencies:
- IT infrastructure assessment Expert
- Project management Expert
- Quality assurance Expert
- Change Management and training Expert
- The selection procedure will be selection of Consultant (firm) based on the Consultant’s Qualification and the selected Consultant firm will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. Please note that the selected consultant firm will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Consultants (firm) should indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants firms must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following:
- Curriculum and Certificates;
- Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years;
- Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of a Consultant Firm for the Assessment of the Integrity of the Community’s it Infrastructure, and the Capacity Needs of the Community Computer Centre (CCC)”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Abuja – Nigeria.
This request for EoI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
Application Deadline 17th January, 2019.
- The attention of interested Consultant firms is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECOWAS Tender Code.
- Interested consultant firms may obtain further information at the stated address above during office hours – Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1 Or by E-mail to the following addresses: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.