eHealth Africa New Job Position
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Executive
Purpose of the position
- The Digital Communications Executive uses digital channels to dynamically communicate to eHealth Africa’s target audiences our work, messages and achievements.
- The post also involves guiding and encouraging colleagues across the organisation to engage with digital communications activities.
Keywords: Graphics design (Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator) HTML, Content Management Systems, Email Campaign systems, Social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
What you’ll do
To perform this role successfully, the Executive Assistant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
Scope and accountability:
- In addition, s/he is responsible for supporting teams with digital communications activities, including training/coaching where necessary. The Digital Communications Executive works with the Senior Manager, Communications to ensure staff are actively engaging with our new intranet, our website and other communications platforms. S/he is also responsible for ensuring we have translated content available online.
- The Digital Communications Executive is responsible for the strategic design, implementation and management a range of online & offline communication strategies targeting media and industry engagement, to promote the value of the Health Management Systems and EHA’s role as the authority for global leader in the health research sector. This will be achieved through a combination of corporate communications, public affairs, press office and e-marketing development communication strategies. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Communications.
- The Digital Communications Executive is part of a small, high performing Communications team, also consisting of a Senior Manager, Communications and Senior Coordinator, Communications. S/he is responsible for engaging eHAs’ various internal and external audiences online, through creative use and effective management of digital channels, including the website, social media and e-bulletins.
- An expert in building online communities, s/he leads on developing eHAs’ online profile. This is done through ensuring that we maintain a strong and consistent presence on selected social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube) and that we are sharing content through relevant third party websites and newsletters.
- S/he is responsible for using various tools to monitor website, intranet and other online statistics, reporting on results and then working with developers and others to improve usability, engagement and visibility. With excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills and sound technical ability, s/he creates high quality written and multimedia content and manages our film, audio and photography resources.
Website management, content creation and search:
- Lead on ensuring that eHAs’ website is kept up-to-date and relevant, follows best practice (with regards to design, usability and accessibility) and presents our work, resources and impact clearly.
- Write, collate (including copyediting and proofreading where necessary) and upload high quality, engaging content to the website – in line with agreed content priorities – and upload resources and other programme content.
- As a member of the Communications team, contribute to the creation of content strategy, helping to identify the most compelling ‘stories’ and most effective ways of communicating our work via digital channels.
- Ensure the French and German versions of eHAs’ website are up-to-date by commissioning and uploading translated content.
- Work with external consultants to coordinate new developments to the website and ensure any technical issues are resolved.
- Ensure eHAs’ website is made visible to target audiences through effectively optimising content for search engines, managing eHAs’ Google Adwords account and undertaking other relevant initiatives.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report on key website performance statistics, making recommendations to the Communications Manager on the basis of these results.
Online community management and multimedia communications:
- Manage eHAs’ profiles and engage with audiences, across key social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube).
- Ensure eHealth Africa features on relevant external websites and that our work is promoted via appropriate third party online channels.
- Create and implement digital communication plans around key events/pieces of work e.g International Peace Day or the launch of a eHAs’ publication.
- Coordinate a schedule of e-bulletins including collating and producing content and distributing to specific mailing lists.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in digital communications and make suggestions for new ways of promoting eHAs’ work and messages online.
- Manage our multimedia resources, including developing and maintaining the photo library – and when appropriate – work with consultants to produce digital content to promote our work.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report on key social media and e-bulletin performance statistics and successes.
Programme support and internal communications:
- Work with the Senior Manager, Communications and IT team to support the development of eHAs’ intranet.
- Promote the benefits and impact of our digital communications internally.
- Increase staff and programme partners use of social media, the intranet and the website CMS through providing support, coaching and encouragement and creating guidelines where necessary.
- Act as a lead liaison point within the Communications team for appointed programmes, sharing key information about the work they are doing and developing a working understanding of the context we’re operating in.
- As part of the Communications team, lead by example in the sharing of information internally via the intranet and other channels.
Other communications and organisational activities:
- Participate in team and other organisational meetings or working groups as required.
- Support the Communications Manager with any other communications projects and activities and perform other duties and tasks as required, consistent with the skills and expertise of the postholder, in non-routine circumstances.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in writing, communication and management experience required.
- Ability to represent eHA effectively to external audiences including corporate and foundation executives, business and government organizations and other cooperating agencies.
- Ability to meet deadlines under extreme pressure.
- Knowledge of Analytics, SEO, SEM & PPC.
- Strong creative, non-technical writing skills,
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills and project management skills.
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals in fundraising and development, government and corporate relations.
- Understanding of digital communications channels and tactics, including electronic and print media.
- Proven record in building digital media platforms, notably social media communications.
- Ability to build consensus and work with diverse groups of people.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply