Female Early Years Educator at Millie’s International School July, 2019
Millie’s International School is recruiting for fulltime Female Early Years Educator.
Millie’s International School – We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic candidates for the positon below:
Job Title: Female Early Years Educator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- As our Early Years Educator, you will be required to work with children between the ages of 4 to 5 years
Duties And Responsibilities
- You will be expected to create and implement age and developmentally appropriate lessons for the children whilst helping them achieve the EYFS early learning goals.
- Providing experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity; guiding the children in a nurturing environment to learn language, gain autonomy, interact socially, and enjoy physical activities
- Initiating classroom activities daily (storytelling, book reading, art and craft projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation etc.)
- To maintain an attractive and stimulating classroom environment and contribute to making the whole school environment stimulating; displaying children’s work regularly on bulletin board as well as creating own theme based classroom displays to ensure an engaging learning environment for the children.
- Maintaining daily record of activities, behaviours, meals etc and ensuring parents receive adequate information about their children’s experiences in the school through daily contact book entries
- Conducting observations and assessment of children’s developmental skills in order to complete developmental checklists and reports termly
- To maintain assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to senior staff and to parents and carers, in accordance with school policy
- To work in partnership with the leadership team to monitor the success of the teaching of the curriculum and manage areas for improvement
- Creating an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure
- Create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
- Using equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly at all times
- Inspecting the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing management to prevent injuries.
Min Required Experience:
Qualification, Experience And Skills Required
- A degree in Early Childhood Education plus a diploma or certificate in Montessori Education or Early Years Education
- To have had minimum 4 years experience, knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and the key characteristics of effective teaching and learning in Reception class or Key Stage One.
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To be enthusiastic, innovative, creative and dynamic in developing relevant lesson plans that meet the needs of all children and delivering them effectively
- Be able to produce a stimulating classroom and outdoor learning environment which promotes independent learning skills
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, art and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written, reading and spoken) along with good numeracy skills
- To be confident in using ICT and media to support your work and the children’s learning.
- Effective classroom management and evidence of good or outstanding teaching skills
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings
- Must be able to commute easily to Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Ibadan
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
3 Positions – Not Specified