Finance Manager- Lake Chad Basin (French & English fluency required)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in eleven of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Lake Chad Basin Regional Office:
Since becoming registered in Nigeria in 2016, INSO has developed a strong regional approach, supporting NGOs working on the Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office, which is based in Abuja, oversees two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria, Maroua, Cameroon and a third operational office in Diffa, Niger in its opening phase.
We currently seeking an experienced humanitarian professional to join our team in the Lake Chad Basin Regional Office as a Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager work closely with the Director and has the responsibility to protect the financial health and integrity of the project with enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies; providing timely an accurate financial data to enable project orientation, planning and decision; meeting the external reporting and audits requirements; orienting staff in financial management, audits and procedures compliance.
· Oversees financial record keeping; controls and reconciles the documentation, uploads the financial information in SUN.
· Maintains a secure filing system of the financial documentation.
· Gives a clear picture of the financial position of the project with reports on donors’ budget adherence or budget variances.
· Maintains an adequate project cash flow, prepares cash requests and follows donors’ disbursements.
· Meets external reporting deadlines; prepares budgets and reports with exactness and compliance; liaises with donors and HQ when necessary.
· Maintains healthy financial practices across the project; enforces finance working documents and trainings as needed to ensure staff adherence.
· Acts as a focal point during audits, enforces internal and external audit recommendations in a timely fashion.
· Reviews and authorises transactions within his/her threshold; and
· Manages the finance department, partakes in recruitment, orientation and training of staff with financial functions.
· At least 5 years of experience in similar position within NGO sector.
· Professional accountancy qualification or master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, management or economics.
· Proficient in the use of accounting software systems (preferably SUNSYSTEM), Q&A reporting tool and excel.
· Fluent in English and French (both written and spoken).
· Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge (preferably ECHO, DFID, SDC and/or OFDA).
· Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
· Ability to process large amounts of data.
· Ability to handle multi donors and multiyear budgets.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to direct and supervise.
· Willingness to work in the Lake Chad Basin region.
Key Personal Competencies:
· Well organised and capable to deliver work in tight deadlines.
· Excellent analyst.
· People management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· A good listener.
· An effective communicator.
· Team player.
· Capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
· Quiet demeanour in stressful or crisis situations.
Terms and Conditions :12-month contract with a start date ASAP, €5,000 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every 3 months with a €750 allowance per each R&R cycle, in-country housing provided, global medical coverage and AD&D coverage.