Glodaris Technology is Hiring for New Positions
Glodaris is a Global independent consultancy focusing on, Lean Six sigma Services, Data and Information Management, Geographical information System (GIS), Research and Innovation (R&I), Consultancy and Training. Our goal is to provide a service that leads to a sustainable policy impact of our clients’ Government Relation activities and to a high Return on Investment on publicly funded research and innovation projects. We are backed with a genuine experience which assists us to offer optimum quality service to the clients as per their exact requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Operational Excellence (Lean Manufacturing)
- Known for being a great place to work and build a career, Glodaris provides Lean Manufacturing System service to help manufacturers, Healthcare Providers, Finance, Education, Government/ Services, Food, Finance and Government Agencies. Today’s economy trends have changed and global markets become ever-more competitive forcing many companies to shut their production line or downsize in order to meet their bottom line
- Companies are now looking to improve efficiency, productivity and quality in order to increase profitability and customer satisfaction goal. This is why we provide Lean Manufacturing (Toyota Production System) service which is a way of identifying and focusing on value creation and getting rid of stuff (wastes) that doesn’t contribute to value in operations through continuous improvement for doing everything more efficiently, reducing the cost of operating the system and fulfilling the customers desire for maximum value at the lowest price
- Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
- Glodaris is currently seeking an Associate, Operational Excellence (Lean Manufacturing) for our Lean Management Consulting practice.
- Lead projects and coordinate team activities to complete company goals and initiatives.
- Track and report on measurable assigned by supervisor.
- Facilitate the employee involvement program.
- Participate in coaching and training of clients employees on shop floor on lean concepts (standard work, one piece flow etc.) to facilitate culture change while developing our clients’ internal competencies.
- Lead cultural change and continuous improvements
- Participate in building our clients’ capability by creating daily management and daily kaizen systems that will self-sustain (principle 1 of the Toyota Way)
- Participate in client service delivery teams in the active execution of engagements in compliance with firm and practice unit service delivery standards
- Utilize functional and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues
- Assist in the development and evolution of methodologies and intellectual capital including contributing to articles, whitepapers, and training efforts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to clients
- Represent Glodaris at meeting clients all over Nigeria
- Travel may be up to 60-80%
- MS-Office – computer navigation knowledge, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated individual
- Team Skills – Individual needs to be strongly self-motivated and must be open to working as a team to be most effective. This requires open and honest communication with team members and Management, and a respect for everyone is a “MUST”. You must make everyone feel they are a key part of the team, and that you have their best interests in mind along with that of the company
- Desires to Solve Problems – Problems are to be sought out and solved. Solving problems using the scientific method is the cornerstone to Lean philosophy. Good problem solving skills, and a desire to go beyond the symptoms to find the root cause of a problem are essential and part of the deeper learning and “Lean Thinking”
- Good Active Listening Skills – Individual needs to listen closely to the people that are involved in a problem, for what they have to say. Not considering what people who touch the problem have to say, and not including them in the improvement effort, will result in us not considering all the facts that pertain to a problem, and will result in a lack of engagement by the people who need to implement changes.
- Analytical – Individual has the ability to make decisions based on data not assumptions. Follow –up is a critical characteristic of the individual. Be results oriented and desire personal accountability
- Tenacity – Individual needs to stick to a project for the long-haul. Lean Manufacturing is not easy and can be different than the current belief window of the people in authority. Problem solving must be carried out to “root cause” not just “direct cause”
- Hands-On – The best way to learn and teach is on the shop floor, or “at the actual situation”. Getting your hands dirty at work is a good thing. (e.g. more than 40% of your time must be spent on the production floor)
- Learn from Mistakes – Mistakes are inevitable. Learn from them so the same mistake is not made again. “Smart People learn from their own mistakes, Wise People learn from other’s mistakes.” Emphasize to the team that mistakes do not equate to failure and a stoppage of the continuous improvement effort, but is a positive and valuable step in the learning process. Failures will happen. Not letting them stop you from trying again until you get it right, is the best approach. The only time you fail is when you stop trying.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited College/University
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience related to change management, Operation Excellence, human resource consulting, with experience in advisory services within a major consulting firm is preferred.
- Experience analyzing complex end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement
- Experience applying consultative skills: ability to influence decision making, ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to shop floor working teams), project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams), solid business acumen, proven team building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience
- Coaching, Teaching, and driving a High Performance Organization.
- Proven experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply lean methods and tools.
- Experience enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business outcomes
- Experience in business transformation projects including process improvement and change management.
- Strong understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish rapport with clients and colleagues
- Glodaris offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV’s, and three references (in English) to: [email protected] Please indicate the above Reference Code in the subject line of your e-mail. Note
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Glodaris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin.