GMT Nigeria Limited Vacancy – Jobs in Nigeria
GMT Nigeria Limited was established in 1999. Since our inception we have grown into the largest inbound logistics service provider in Sub Saharan Africa. GMT offers Clients a world-class integrated logistics service that spans across the supply chain transforming logistics challenges into competitive advantages, we provide customized solutions to meet any logistics demand when importing goods into Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
- The HR Business Partner drives implementation of approved HR strategy and proactively delivers HR Services to staff and line managers in the designated business division to support the achievement of the overall corporate objective.
- Implements and ensures compliance with approved HR policies, processes and procedures within assigned business group
- Works with the CHRO and Business Manager to develop HR plans and budgets for assigned Group/Division
- Develops effective working relationships and ensures the implementation of approved HR plans to support the achievement of the business objective
- Delivers transactional HR services to assigned division with emphasis on pay and benefits administration, global mobility assistance, absence management, employee relations and engagement, welfare, discipline & grievances etc.
- Manages recruitment, ensuring assigned business group is adequately staffed to deliver on its objective
- Manages employee life cycle processes from onboarding to exit for all employees
- Supports the CHRO and reporting Business Line Manager (Divisional Manager) in the implementation of the performance, talent and development processes, by providing guidance to line managers on policies and processes, ensuring that evaluations and recommendations are completed on time and within set guidelines
- Collates information on recommended performance evaluation outcomes, training needs analyses and development updates for use by the T&D manager.
- Maintains an effective level of literacy about the assigned business group, mid-range plans, customer value proposition, competition through engagement with business heads and active participation in business meetings
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to Divisional Manager and CHRO on HR activities and performance against set targets with areas of improvement
- Advises line managers on people management issues
- Serves as an accessible, responsive and credible advocate for all employees and partner to the business
- Consistently and actively identifies ways to improve service delivery and strengthen employee capability towards overall improvement of the Business Group
- Drives implementation of developmental interventions within assigned business group and ensures implementation of approved training plans
- Assists in the development and implementation of initiatives that will drive increased employee satisfaction and engagement levels
- Works with Business manager to drive the definition of manpower requirements and ensures adequate staffing procedures are followed
- Provides guidance to line managers in the investigation of disciplinary issues and violations of company policies
- Coordinates the management of authorized absences or leave administration
- Provides relevant data (e.g. payroll adjustments) to Finance to ensure prompt processing of payroll, salary deductions and other payments.
- Maintains an up-to-date human resource information database for assigned division and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist decision-making.
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in HR in similar industry
- Must be dependable and proactive
- Must possess excellent time management and communication skills
- Must be able to pay great attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and work under stressful conditions
- Must possess good analytical and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent planning and numeric skills
- Membership of and certifications from accredited HR professional bodies is an advantage (e.g. SHRM, HRCI, CIPD, HCI)
- Self-starter, self-motivator and resourceful, able to take the initiative to resolve issues and to share that initiative with others; able to work in a team and as an individual
- Computer literate, specifically: MS Office skills, including an advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques
- Must have the ability to be diplomatic yet assertive in delivery of duties
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply