Guidance Counselor at Fulbright Schools
Job Title: Guidance Counselor
- We are seeking a qualified Guidance Counselor to support and educate elementary, middle and/or high school students through a well-prepared counseling program.
- You will serve as the facilitator for the attaining of students’ academic or career goals, and assist them in developing their social and mental capacity.
- The goal is to enable the students to become mature and well-functioning adults.
- Develop and implement an all-encompassing educational and counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring
- Foster equal opportunity practices and encourage students’ association
- Pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students
- Conduct group or individual counseling sessions to assist students with problems or concerns
- Assess students’ attributes and help them realise their strengths
- Evaluate the progress of students and reinforce the sense of accomplishment
- Identify behavioral problems or at-risk students and act appropriately
- Cooperate with parents and teachers as well as other interested parties
- Complete assessments and tests, analyse results and provide feedback
- Study and update student records
- Integrity and professionalism
- Proven experience as a guidance counselor or teacher
- Ability to operate within a wide range of student personalities and backgrounds
- Education in various models of teaching, best counseling practices and regulations
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence abilities
- Basic knowledge of computers
- B.Sc./HND/OND in Guidance and Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Social Studies and other related degree.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]