The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Position Start Date: Immediately
- In support of the operational set-up of the North East Coordination Unit in the Maiduguri office, Creative requires the services of an Information Technology Assistant (IT Assistant).
- The IT Assistant will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software, will troubleshoot all IT-related activities on the ground.
- This position is based in Maiduguri and travel to the other field offices is required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The IT Assistant reports to the IT Officer based in Abuja.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support implementation and enforcement of security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Assist with documentation of IT inventory; work closely with the IT Officer and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up
- Assist the IT Officer in setting up, implementing, and maintaining hardware firewall
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Coordinate with Creative/DC IT support staff to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Any other IT-related work as required
- Provide the needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration
- Support the implementation and document network operations, processes, and procedures
- Support the IT Officer in the deployment and implementation of office network according to HQ specifications
- Perform user desktop files backup/ synchronization to Company SharePoint and OneDrive
- Perform regular monitoring of staff desktop file backup/ synchronization to ensure proper functioning
- Install and troubleshoot IT related issues on all computers, phones, internet dongles/modems, printers, printer toners/cartridges, photocopiers tones/ cartridges, etc.
- Monitor printer cartridges usage and other consumables for all the printers at NERI offices.
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network and internet connectivity with the support of IT officer
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in organizing and filing information is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- High School Diploma is required while a University Degree in IT, Business Administration, or related field is desired.
- 1 year of work experience in an office environment is required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected] Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Application Deadline 26th December, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.