Telecommunications Specialist Job Duties:
• Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
• Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
• Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
• Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
• Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Telecommunications Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in relevant field.
• Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Technical Documentation, Attention to Detail, Independence, Functional and Technical Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Operating Systems.
• Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach.
• Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
• An investigative mind, IT skills, attention to details and flexible approach to work.
• An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
• A professional certification is an added advantage.
How to apply: interested candidates to send his/her c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org