We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Coordinating all financial aspects of the Group and subsidiary operations as well as implementing appropriate framework and controls for inbound and outbound financial transactions.
- To provide seamless and effective management of the Group’s financial resources, business forecasting and financial guidance that strengthen the Group’s business operations and fosters superior financial performance and growth.
- Responsible for overall finance and accounting activities of the Group and ensuring that all relevant financial records are maintained appropriately.
- Conducting business and financial strategy, planning, monitoring, management and coordination of the Group’s budgeting and business planning initiatives. Provide management information analyses of financial situations on a periodic and ongoing basis.
- Ensure best financial practices are implemented across the Group, whilst actively encouraging all internal stakeholders to consistently recommend enhancements and solutions as identified.
- Consistently produce accurate reports on Group and subsidiary financial status by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and enforce key finance and accounting processes and procedures (including budgeting, management & financial accounting/reporting) for approval by management and coordinate the preparation of financial statements in accordance with Nigerian accounting practices.
- Ensure the Group and subsidiaries’ finance team(s) operate with modern finance tools and spearhead the management and improvement of policies, systems and processes.
- Develop and implement modern cost-effective accounting systems which will meet the challenges and objectives of the Group.
- Actively support management to ensure efficient operations and growth of the Group as well as manage/control Group operating and capital expenditure within agreed budgets/limits.
Anchor and coordinate monthly and/or periodic management performance review/reporting packages, as well as concomitant analyses:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and variation reporting to identify areas requiring attention and possible improvement.
- Support budget objectives by scheduling operating and capital expenditure; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective action.
Protect the Group’s assets by establishing and monitoring an up-to-date Assets Register for all subsidiaries as well as enforcing compliance with all Internal Control guidelines:
- Ensure reconciliation of the Assets Register and Ledger with depreciation charge.
- Ensure availability of capital allowance schedule recording/classification of fixed assets.
- Supervise and maintain output of staff of finance department, through coaching, counseling, disciplining; planning, monitoring, and performance appraisal
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and correctness of all treasury records and reports.
- Manage the bank and treasury processes of the Group and subsidiaries as well as oversee the management of liquidity and prepare reports on liquidity position.
- Implement all billing, payment and payroll processes and ensure robustness of the applicable internal controls covering these processes.
- Function as internal anchor for the capital raising activities of the Group.
- Provide financial analyses and evaluation to support contracting processes of the Group and subsidiaries as well supporting the negotiation of commercial terms with key vendors, contractors and third-party suppliers.
- Cultivate and maintain good relations with all relevant statutory agencies and ensure Group operations total compliance with regulations.
- Anchor periodic meetings with government/regulatory agencies e.g. FIRS, LIRS etc,, as and when required and consistently strive to ensure progressive and positive outcomes (from such meetings) for the Group, whilst promptly following-through with actionable steps – at all times.
- Ensure proper, comprehensive, prompt and timely reports and accounts rendition – as per statutory, regulatory and legal requirements and timelines (including but not limited to taxation, dividends, annual reports/accounts), management of financial communication strategy and liaison with various capital market stakeholders, business press and business analysis communities.
- Prepare and manage a prompt and efficient remittance timetable/plan for all types of taxes and statutory deductions (VAT, Company Income Tax. Withholding Tax. PAYE, pensions, Censors Board, Copyright Commission, Insurance Underwriters etc).
- Liaise with the Group’s and/or subsidiary external auditors, financial and tax consultants as necessary.
- Robust knowledge of internal control systems and implementation of such controls
- Expert level financial analysis skills
- 10 years of experience, with 5+ years of financial management experience
- Graduate degree and/or a recognized Finance/Accounting qualification (i.e. ACA/CPA, CMA or CFA) an MBA with Finance specialism will be an added advantage
- Business strategy
- Business partnering
- New business
- Team leadership
- Experience with launching new businesses and changing overall business strategy
- Extensive experience of pricing and negotiation
- Experience in both IFRS and local GAAP accounting standards
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com