Entertainment editor (Lagos)
· Be responsible for the day to day operations of the online platform accountable to the Editor in Chief.
· Manage the social media pages
· Contribute entertainment content on the website daily.
· Edit and write entertainment content in accordance with approved standards.
· Proof read all articles scheduled for publishing, detect and correct errors in spelling and punctuation
· Approve comments, weed out spam
· Ensure contents set for publication are planned ahead and in accordance with publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
· Be creative and develop entertainment/lifestyle stories, keep tabs with current trends considering reader or audience appeal.
· Track all entertainment stories as it breaks and ensure it is given adequate coverage on the website
· Plan content direction of the blog
· Must be very active on your personal Twitter and Instagram social media platforms
· Continue the development of the website’s publication standards.
Qualifications and Qualities to possess
· B.Sc. or HND in Mass Communication, Journalism, Economics, English, International Relations,Political Science or in any other related course of study
· Must be very active on Instagram and Twitter and also have a good knowledge of social media management.
· Must be interested in music, fashion, celebrity gossip and entertainment
· Proficiency in English Language and good writing skills
· Must have a laptop in good working condition
· Must be able to source for entertainment contents for the website