Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Category Developer, Groceries & Toy, Kids & Baby
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Acquisition & Account Management
- As a Category Developer, you will be responsible for driving online sales through vendor sourcing, online assortment expansion, and optimizing the availability of products online in your category.
- You will leverage data (including website analytics, online sales reporting and customer feedback to recommend and execute merchandising strategies that improve digital user experience and business results.
In particular you will:
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations is required.
- 3 – 5 years in a buyer, assistant buyer, or merchandising role in FMCG industry
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply