Latest Vacancies at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes;
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Building and Construction
Report to (functional) :
Coordinate, implement and supervise, ensuring all technical, financial and scheduling aspects, building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to ALIMA’s security protocols and under the supervision of the Construction Manager..
- Analyze, according to customer requirements and ALIMA’s programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and report to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs.
- Supervise and follow up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations.
- Negotiate agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays.
- Organize and supervise call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education.
Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs.
Essential, local language commandment; desirable, mission working language.
- Stress Management.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- NB: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Work location: Maiduguri, Borno State.
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable.
Applications will be processing as we receive them, the recruitment can be done before closing date.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Human Resources Coordinator
12 months, renewable
The HR Manager supervises HR and administrative operations of the Borno Mission Office (420 staff ) and its component projects. Ensures the implementation of ALIMA policies and procedures in human resources management and administration in the projects.
The Post holder will be Monguno, Askira/Uba, Muna and ITFC in UMTH as well as in any other locations that ALIMA may have field operations in the future.
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator ensure technical and Administrative Management of the Mission’s Human Resources and implementation of Alima HR Policies, procedures and internal regulations rules
- Implements the human resources management component of the ALIMA, BORNO MISSION Strategic Plan;
- Ensures that best practice in human resources management is available for and applied to all ALIMA personnel;
- Ensures that personnel contracts are fair and compliant with both ALIMA, and BORNO MISSION national standards;
- Participate in disciplinary procedures to ensure legal compliance and clear documentation
- With the support of the HR Coordinator and feedback from the bases, identify the challenges and gaps in HR policies and their implementation
- Support in the development of new policies
- Support HRCO to review the mission Internal Regulations annually, ensuring that it is compliant with ALIMA, local labor and tax laws.
Recruitment, Onboarding and Offboarding
- Ensure that personnel recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance and renewals, and exits are correctly managed in line with ALIMA standards;
- Handlee the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes.
- Ensure that all staff have valid, jobcontract, job descriptions, a complete physical updated file and properly reported to the Government agencies.
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labourlabor law and ALIMA guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law.
- Participates in the briefing and debriefing of expatriates and ensure the onboarding or off-boarding process is completed
- Employee Development And Performance Management
- Coaches, performance manages the HR staff,
- Ensures the regular review and appropriate application of levels of personnel financial compensation and benefits;
- Ensure that an annual HR development plan is updated quarterly
- Ensures the appropriate training and development of personnel;
- Ensure the correct application of ALIMA policies that relate to personal behaviour and policy compliance;
- Ensures communication with all staff, as appropriate, on HR and administration matters that affect them;
- Works closely with, and seeks guidelines and support from the HR Coordinator.
Staff, Safety, Health And Working Environment
Ensure that obligations are met in terms of Hygiene, Safety and working conditions in compliance with the occupational health and safety policy;
Maintain HR Files/Records
- Ensures that standard personnel data is stored appropriately, updated in timely fashion, and is available as required;
- Maintaining systematic HR databases and filing systems (incl. staff lists, leave register etc.) and technical referent of Homere Management
- Ensure that all the absences are properly monitor and Homere is updated on all the absence and all documentations are filled properly
- Collect and review all data used for processing monthly salary, control payroll and slips
- Control the payroll from HOMERE and ensure all the backup are done and filed monthly
- Ensure all the national staff are enrolled and have their pension PIN number, TIN Number and NHF and follow up with Finance for payment taxe, social security, pension, national house fund and other charges
- In charge of production of annually statement of taxes remittances to all coordination team and ensure some practice is done in the project
- Performance Management and learning and development
- Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiative for career growth.
- Keep record of Performance Objectives Plans for National staff and update the HRCO monthly on POP in collaboration with project Admin Manager
- In collaboration with project Admin Manager make sure all the performance reviews are done according to ALIMA policies for all National staff
- Support the HR Coordinator on the implementation and development of training plan
Reporting, data and communication
- Coordinate the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labour law and ALIMA guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law.
- Responsible for compilation and verification of project and coordination monthly report before submission to the HR Coordinator
- Contribute to the HR Monthly HR Sitrep
- Support the finance department and each base to prepare the HR portion of internal and external audit.
- Support the movement assistant on all international movement and Visa request and renewal for all Expat
- Ensure all the local movement are managed properly by the movement assistant
- Keep record for all break documentations for Expat
- Make Sure all the boarding pass are collected and photocopy and filled in expat each files
- Qualifications et requirement
You meet the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Business Management, or other related fields and a professional HR qualification.
A Master’s degree in any of the above is preferable.
- Proven track record in human resources administration and management;
- 4- years professional experience in human resources management with an International NGO (preferably in the Borno State);
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in the Nigeria.
Skills and Competencies
- Professional-level competency in English orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Disciplined, rigorous, self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Adherence to ALIMA Charter.
- Knowledge of HOMERE is an Asset
Use the email(s) below to apply.
Submit online your Application Letter & CV with colour picture, Subject or Hard copy in ALIMA’s of Maiduguri.
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.