Legal Counsel at Veegil Media August, 2019
Veegil Media is recruiting for fulltime Legal Counsel.
Veegil Media – We are a non-partisan technology, and media organization that seeks to promote civic engagement and good leadership for the welfare of the people. We are an internet-centric company with a suite of software to enhance the human experience. Our mission is to increase the political influence and capital of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Ota, Ogun / Greater Lagos Area
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Conduct policy research and analyses
- Provide business intelligence and legal guidance
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Organize and administer volunteers and other members of the workforce
- Employ software to achieve tasks and contribute to software development
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Perform all such duties described herein for the organization, its subsidiaries, parents, successors, partners, stakeholders, groups, conglomerates and adjunct companies current and future.
Min Required Experience:
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- B.Sc degree in Law or J.D. degree preferred
- Member of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) preferred
- B.Sc/M.Sc in Political Science, Public Administration or International Relations
- Experience: 3 years
- MA or B.Sc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Human Resource experience will be considered an added advantage
- Software Programming, Application Development, I.T., Data and Statistical analysis is added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
1 Position – Not Specified