A fast-growing start-up technology firm is searching for an experienced Operations Manager.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating operational and management support activities within the firm.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced female manager that understands the fast-paced nature of the industry and is ready to take on the next level of responsibility.
- Project and Process Management interests you as you are a very versatile, non-traditional thinker who is able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- You also thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable. Externally, you collaborate with firm’s outsourcing partners and internally across teams.
- Forecasts, develops and implement policies and procedures in the areas of customer service, human resources and budgetary goals and objectives that are consistent with company policies
- Analyse process outcomes and workflow to ensure and identify efficiencies in productivity and savings and oversee day-to-day office management tasks
- Market and promote new and existing products and services to internal and external customers
- Proactively minimize operational risk is your priority
- Maintain a sound working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure user satisfaction by overseeing the analysis of complaints, concerns and suggestions, and ensuring appropriate follow-through
- Develop work schedules so that timelines are consistent
- Manage facility, supplies, and equipment and train frontline staff
- Participate in programme and process improvements
- Assist with human resource functions; performance evaluation, training and recruitment, and professional development in support of company goals and mission
- Provide strategic support and leadership in planning and recommend changes when necessary
- As a member of the management team, you will be expected to prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation as required
- Undertake other responsibilities as delegated by the Chief Executive Officer
- A bachelor or master’s degree; or an equivalent relevant professional qualification, training and/or experience in a tech firm
- Candidate must have 3-4 years experience in related roles leading a high performing team in small to medium-sized company
- Preferably female
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task are essential
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, together with strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the typical industry processes and methods
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to support the CEO/Founder in executing strategy and goals
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize, leading effectively through the dynamics of change in a start-up environment
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic and operational level
- Not more than 30 years old
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated strong business planning skills
- Demonstrated project management skill and ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
- Proven ability to develop and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures
- Flexible and passionate.