Operations Manager at Christopher Kings & Associates
Job Vacancies in Nigeria –
Christopher Kings And Associates – A contemporary restaurant & bar with an international appeal situated in high-brow Maitama, Abuja is seeking to recruit well-seasoned, hands-professionals to occupy the vacant position:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reference Code: CKA-H/AM0914
Assist, and deputize for, the Managing Director in the smooth running of the food and beverage offer in House 43 facilities. He/she will have the responsibility to develop, innovate and deliver a product mix which is quality driven whilst maintaining aggressive financial returns. This will be driven by ensuring that all working methods are reviewed and best practice is achieved so we in turn can grow our business whilst delivering excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Operations Manager will assist in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications for all F&B business units each season, working closely with Central Support to ensure they fit with guidelines and are to the quality standards of the target customers.
- The Operations Manager will also manage all internal stakeholders: both, other departments within House 43 facilities who deliver services to the Food and Beverage team; and provide support to the Administrative Management as is required.
- Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure the very best reputation within the industry, and receives the service required to ensure that the operational Food and Beverage team can deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial returns.
- Work closely with the store manager to ensure correct stock levels are available from central distribution area, to assist the operational Food and Beverage team
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and requirements
- Ensure that the industry standard with regard to safety and hygiene
- Champion a training culture within the Food and Beverage team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer
- Ensures that all subordinates have clearly defined job tasks and are actively engaged.
- Monitor performance of subordinates within the F&B/operations department and business units.
- The Operations Manager will constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- The Food & Beverage Department has a wide number of external contractors and the Operations Manager will maintain close, professional, effective links with all. They will ensure that suppliers deliver to stated agreements, best practices are followed and technological advances are sought
- They will also participate in the food development panel that sits to drive the food offer across the business units
- He/She will be the department representative on the H&S Committee and be the first point of contact for the Environmental Health Officer, and responsible for investigating any alleged food poisoning cases, for reporting to the Senior management.
- He/ She will also collate and disseminate food safety alerts when appropriate and be responsible for ensuring departmental compliance with the group health and safety policy
- The Operations Manager will be required to work with the Administrative Manager to deliver an effective loss prevention scheme
- He/ She will be responsible for maintaining and helping enforce the agreed brand standards for each unit by conducting and managing monthly audits
- The Operations Manager will also be the department representative for Special Events, working each special event as the departmental duty manager. This will involve all planning associated with each event, right through to delivery
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all trade press subscriptions and ensuring relevant information is passed on to the CORE Business Unit supervisors.
- He/ She will maintain the F&B Management invoices and journals, manage and monitor expenditure associated with catering equipment repair, manage the asset register and assist in budget setting each year for the department and its business units
- He/ She will also assist in the administrative department in developing the incentive scheme, allocating and verifying spending and assisting in report analysis on stock and sales, highlighting and acting on any anomalies.
- They will also take full responsibility for managing and meeting all committed budgets related to the Staff Restaurant
- He/ She will act as a purchasing officer and budget controller for the restaurant, creating a professional relationship with all suppliers. This will include making requests for equipment within financial constraints, invoice querying and establishing a positive relationship with the Administrative/ Finance Department
- They will consistently review products delivered to ensure KPIs are met and take up any shortcomings with suppliers
- They will also take line ownership of the Corporate Event menus, signing them off seasonally, in conjunction with other designated staff/consultants.
- He/ She will need to be conversant in latest trends in food nutrition for our target audience and contribute to the ongoing nutritional developments
- The Operations Manager is expected to provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to his/ her subordinates
- He/ She must provide an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and sales activities of House 43 food and Beverage products/Services
- Monitor Competitor Activity and Guest Feedback
- Contribute to ensuring that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize patronage
- BSC/HND in any of the following, Administration, Management, catering and Hotel /Restaurant Management or any related discipline. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Good attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work under little or no supervision
- The ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult situations
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry will be a good advantage
- Minimum of 7 years post work experience. With at least 3 years industry related experience
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in the following restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in all business units
- Ability to maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Age range-Minimum 30 years
NB: The hiring company is an equal opportunity employer; hence the opportunity is open to both national and international applicants.
Application Closing Date:
26th September 2014.
Method of Application
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com and also copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, submit a hard copy at:
38 Libraville crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 2, Abuja.
- All applications should be submitted before the 26th September 2014.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Please specify job title and reference code.
Continue reading here: