Program Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Program Manager
- The M&E PM will be responsible for effective management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects in Borno, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency in project deliverables.
- The M&E PM will also monitor all grant activities and ensure that the project complies with donor performance reporting requirements.
- S/he will conduct need assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities, conduct assessments, baseline and end line studies, post distribution monitoring knowledge attitude and practice surveys and perform oversee continuous activity monitoring to identify bottlenecks, lessons and opportunities for programming.
- The role will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Program Manager and M&E officers to provide support to all humanitarian projects in Borno state.
- Lead the operationalization of M&E systems for ACF programs to ensure compliance with donor and ACF M&E standards.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
- To build the capacity of staff M&E through trainings, mentorships and coaching to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- To ensure capitalization, learning and reporting of all projects activities in the mission.
- To support proper and adequate resource management: HR, Finance and assets.
- To represent the organization at National level and promote ACF’s technical viewpoints, guidelines and methods of work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration or Computer Science, with relevant experience in data analysis in emergency or development sector.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven experience in a technical advisory role in monitoring and results management
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports.
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites.
- Experience in insecure context.
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis contexts.
- Familiarity with emergency donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations.
- Experience with market-based emergency response (ex. Cash Transfers, EMMA…).
- Understanding of Social Behavior Change and nutrition sensitive programming.
Locations: Maiduguri, Damaturu
27th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note that applications will be processed on “First Come First Served” basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.