Protection Information Specialist Job at Danish Refugee Council (DRC), 16th May, 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Information Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
Overall purpose of the role:
- Within the scope of DRC’s Protection projects, the PIM Specialist will be responsible for the supervision of the protection data collection, entry, and management activities, including formatting, creating and properly storing hard and soft-copies, data forms and data bases.
- The PIM Specialist will also be responsible for the analysis of the collected protection data and the drafting of relevant reports, under the supervision of the Protection Manager / Coordinator.
- Ensure the collection of Protection data in line with the PIM process, and the sensitive data management standards
- Ensure the safe protection data management (create and maintain confidential data bases, manage hard copies in Maiduguri and field offices)
- Create and maintain relevant data bases and information management systems for the Protection activities
- Create and maintain adequate information collection systems, in cooperation with the M&E department, the Protection PM, and the Protection Coordinator
- Analyze the collected data and identify critical protection trends in areas of operation
- Contribute to relevant protection reports and evidence-based advocacy notes (Protection Monitoring reports, targeted advocacy notes etc.).
- Oversee the team’s narrative reporting as per updated monthly reporting template including all new donors.
- Follow up, support in design and procurement of all IEC related materials for protection
- Updating the referral pathways platform for all field locations
- Providing teams with IT related technical glitches related to data collection, storage on kobo gadgets
- Supporting teams with technical use of dynamics when needed.
- Supporting Protection team leaders, manager and coordinator with relevant activities as per requests.
- Carry out relevant field visits covering Borno, Yobe, Adamawa as per discussions with protection coordinator and manager.
- Support in data input, analysis for assessments when called upon
- Ensure all teams strictly adhere to PIM principles and guidelines and providing the relevant capacity building sessions required for this.
- Liaise with M&E and create relevant forms when called upon in line with upcoming protection needs.
- Represent protection in relevant forums as per request by Manager and Coordinator.
- Support DRC management in all other duties assigned including acting roles when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Law, Psychology, Social work, Social Sciences, Counselling, Education, Human Rights, Development Studies or relevant equivalent disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience in protection, livelihoods and Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in a humanitarian organization and specifically in humanitarian response.
- 2 yrs. Hands on experience in data entry, data analysis, and quantitative and narrative report preparation
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages are added advantage.
- Must have advanced computer skills level.
- Knowledge of the protection activities
- Previous experience with Protection Information Management / knowledge of the PIM Process/ PIM certification
- HAP training and/or certification
Salary and Conditions
- Availability: June 15th 2019
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th May, 2019.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!