Reddington Hospital Vacant Job Opening
The Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital built on nine floors provides fully comprehensive tertiary hospital solutions in most medical areas. Our journey as a healthcare provider began in March 2006 with the establishment of the Cardiac Centre, in Victoria Island, in association with the renowned Cromwell Hospital in London.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
- Provides information on expenditure on drugs.
- Participates in team meetings and accreditation activities.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labelling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Checks prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient.
- Provides advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler.
- Participates in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision-making on appropriate treatments as directed (ward pharmacist)
- Ensures medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
- Supervises the work of less experienced and less qualified staff.
- Keeps up to date with, and contributing to, research and development.
- Complies with hospital policies and pharmacy standard operating procedures
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 20th August, 2018.