Safety Engineer at the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc August, 2019
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is recruiting for fulltime Safety Engineer.
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Safety Engineer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a sound quality assurance system and continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environment compliance in IBEDC
- Assists in defining HSE quality management approach organisation-wide (procedures, standards, specifications, etc.)
- Monitors compliance with HSE policy:
- Conducts HSE inspections, sampling, monitoring/tests, accident and incident investigations, to identify hazards and unsafe practices – reports findings and makes recommendations
- Carries out periodic audits on HSE processes and procedures organization-wide
- Carries out regular inspections on major projects and those with a potentially high-risk factor to assess compliance with policies, procedures, and ensure implementation of safe work practices
- Assists in the development and execution of annual quality assurance plans
Min Required Experience:
- Utilities industry knowledge and applicable HSE policies across the industry
- Understanding of applicable HSE policies, laws and regulations
- Risk management (risks identification and mitigation)
- Ability to recognize and assess safety hazards, and develop abatement/control measures
- Practical knowledge of Environment management practices
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations and liability issues
- Quality management/assurance
- Programme/project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and Relationship Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree in Safety, Environmental Science or any related discipline
- Membership of any of the following occupation health & safety professional bodies or equivalent (or any other recognized HSE body) is an added advantage: The Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON); Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP); Institute of Safety and Health Management (ISHM)
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in the HSE field within a relevant industry (Utilities, oil, and gas, telecommunications, etc.)
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here See Vacancies” and select “Safety Engineer” to apply accordingly.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (ibedc) Plc
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is the largest electricity distribution company in Nigeria. IBEDC formally came into existence on 1st November 2013 as part of the unbundling of the…Know More about Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (ibedc) Plc
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
4 Positions – 3 Locations