Supply Chain Manager at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager, Nigeria
- Reporting to the Head of Operations (for Facilities, Travel and Supply Chain), the Supply Chain Manager leads the supply chain management process and activities required to meet the needs of the country program (and 16 sub offices) including in the current emergency response and recovery process in Northeast Nigeria, and the malaria program.
- Additionally, s/he will work to increase capacity to proactively manage various agency and donor policies and standards related to supply chain management and will oversee the three SCM units of Fleet and Logistics, Procurement and Warehousing.
- Oversee the quality, timely procurement of food and non-food commodities, materials, supplies, services and equipment, and other office support.
- Oversee the logistics of relief and recovery commodities, including reception, warehousing and preparation for distribution(s).
- Prepare operational documents and reports for senior management (e.g., pipeline analyses, daily and weekly warehouse status reports, Commodity Status Reports, Loss Reports, etc.).
- Ensure that the management of commodities at CRS and partner warehouses and distribution sites falls within the guidelines set by the agency and donor organizations.
- Oversee fleet management and the management of rental vehicles to ensure efficient, quality transport services.
- Collaborate with all departments within CRS to ensure that programming and operations units receive the procurement and logistical support they need to achieve their objectives.
- Meet with the programming teams to fully understand the short- and long-term supply and material/services needs for projects.
- Prepare CRS/Nigeria for the implementation, roll-out and use of the SMI (Systems Modernization Initiative’s); specifically, for the SCM component of the solution.
- Supervise the Fleet and Logistics Manager, Procurement Manager and Warehouse Manager and their teams.
- Hire, train and mentor national SCM staff.
- Master’s degree in business administration, logistics, accounting, management or related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in supply chain management
- Proven experience in planning, organization, staff management and staff development
- Solid understanding of procurement principles
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of generally accepted commodity accounting principles
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Word
- Proven experience in capacity building for partners and key players
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English
- Possesses an attitude of service and support
- Ability to embrace the challenge of working under pressure, can work independently and be results-oriented
- Proven leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, delegate responsibilities and ensure follow-up, and motivate staff
- Strong communication capability to build good inter-personal relationship with partners and other staff
- Willing to travel