Tropical Health LLP – Nationwide Recruitment
Tropical Health LLP is an international consultancy company specialising in the M&E of health and disease control programmes in Africa and Asia. We contribute in a unique way to the cost effectiveness and sustainability of development aid in the health sector by improving the availability, quality and use of evidence for strategic and operational planning and programme implementation. We offer a variety of services in the M&E field including independent evaluations & reviews, health research studies, comprehensive programme M&E design and solutions and health surveillance & information systems. We firmly believe in the principles of developing local capacity and transferring skills and knowledge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor
- Tropical Health is seeking experienced State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor’s (SDSSA) as part of a large donor malaria programme that will operate in five Northern (Katsina, Jigawa, Yobe, Kano, Kaduna) and one Southern (Lagos) State in Nigeria.
- The positions will be based in the capital city of the programme supported States with extensive travel within the State.
- The position will have a dual role of and building capacity of state malaria elimination programme (SMEP) M&E teams and coordinating and implementing state-level programme Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Operations Research (OR) activities.
- The SDSSA’s will be line managed by the State Team Leader’s, with the technical oversight from Abuja based Specialists.
- The SDSSA’s should hold a Bachelor’s degree in research methods, public health, epidemiology, surveillance or other relevant subjects and at least 5 year’s proven experience in a relevant context.
- We are looking for someone with with experience of coordinating and implementing state-level M&E activities, with a good understanding of Nigeria’s malaria response and health system and the challenges it faces.
- The right candidate will have a working background of M&E, experience of building capacity amongst staff and partners and previous experience developing and delivering training.
- Ideally our SDSSA’s will have excellent computer skills including Excel and data/statistics softwares, with a good level of written English and used to working using both English and Hausa (spoken) will be essential, if working in Northern Nigerian States.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
5pm; 19th March, 2018.
3rd and 4th April, 2018.
How to Apply