We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs
Start Date: 15th May, 2017.
- The Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs ensures at base-level the smooth implementation of PUI’s programs in Maiduguri and within operational rural areas, targeting the Lake Chad crisis affected populations.
- She/He is also responsible for representation on technical topics by humanitarian stakeholders at local level and in charge of proper reporting to the donors supporting the Program.
- Under the supervision and line management of the Field Coordinator, the DFC for Programs is responsible at base level for the direct supervision of the Projects Managers in charge of conducting the different projects within the targeted areas.
- He/She coordinates the project teams and ensures the operational and qualitative aspects of the programs are put into practice properly (monitoring of objectives, respecting due dates and budgetary provisions, quality control, synergy of the teams) according to the contractual documents and in line with PUI policies and procedures
- He/She will participate in the technical forums (Working Groups) at local level
- He/She will be the direct line manager of the Project Managers in this base and will ensure that appropriate support and capacity building is brought to the senior managers of the programs.
Logistics and Administration:
- He/She will oversee the logistic and administrative duties of the projects with the support of the Logistic Department
- He/She will ensure that the programs developed are in line with PUI mandate and strategy, and will propose new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region and based on accurate needs assessments at field level
- To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job On The Field.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, International Development and/or Social Sciences
- Humanitarian, International, Technical
- Minimum of 3 years in the areas of program development, project management, donor reporting and grant compliance;
- Successful experience in team management.
- At least 1 year experience as a Humanitarian Project Manager
Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Strong Knowledge of M&E methodology and cycle
- Strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, GIS.
Qualities of Candidate:
- A strong commitment to humanitarian principle and the will to make sure beneficiaries needs are covered as best as the resources available allow.
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership;
- Problem solving and leadership skills;
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills – team player;
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload;
- Proven capacity for analysing and synthesizing comprehensive information and technical data;
- Ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure;
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization;
- General ability to resist stress;
- Important organization and rigor skills.
- Excellent command in writing and editing documents in both English and French (desirable)
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 6 months (renewable upon funding)
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home/mission, visas, vaccines
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leave Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
- Monthly gross income: from 1980 up to 2310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application (CV and Letter of Motivation) to the ‘Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates’ via: email@example.com with the subject : “DepFieldCo – Nigeria”