ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Face to Face Fundraiser
Locations: Lagos & Abuja
Responsible to: Fundraising Coordinator
Duration: Initial 3 months
Line Management: None
- As a F2F Fundraiser, you will be central to ActionAid’s alternative solution to National and global problems. It is crucial to note that this is not a role for someone looking for a normal daily routine work. There are no specific hours of work in this role. Innovation, creativity, surprise, agility and an ear to the ground are the norm. There are no desks and no walls in your work environment.
- In ActionAid, we’re an energised team, the days are not the same especially with our recent extensive brand and movement building, fundraising and efficiency drive. You will be a key part of our “fun team” facilitating our interventions in excluded communities through the building of a strong force of supporters. This position is target driven and motivated by bonus where this is met.
Specifically, the role includes:
- Generating funds through the face to face fundraising technique using the prescribed products by ActionAid
- Communicating effectively to prospects the activities of the organisation as trained periodically. Participating in all fundraising, public engagement and other ActionAid activity as required
- Achieve agreed upon targets for acquisition
- Identify potential locations for running fundraising activities for the team
- Playing an active role in the overall target achievement of the team
- Ensuring that every field generated information is properly entered in the appropriate forms or database
- Ensuring confidentiality of information pertaining to ActionAid and personal data in the course of this role
- Taking responsibility for all equipment allocated or used in the role
- Representing ActionAid in a responsible manner as per the values and norms.
- Compliance and adherence to all policies, guidelines and codes of conduct required for this role
- Managing and updating databases to record supporter contact and preference information
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned
Who you are:
- You are an energetic, friendly, honest individual who thrives in a very diverse dynamic environment. You are willing to be right on the shop floor, talking to people across background or cultures or raising funds and contributing to lifting the poor and the excluded out of poverty.
- You will have the intelligence to learn new things within a short period, multi-task and ready to imbibe our values and adapt to our culture. You will be someone who doesn’t believe in giving excuses for let-downs; who can bounce back without batting an eyelid after a rebuff remaining upbeat, positive and passionate. A hard worker, you are self-motivated, self-managed, independent but a team player, and adventurous with persuasive skills; and passionate about quelling injustice and eradicating poverty. Most important, you inspire support.
- Experience in marketing and sales
- Understanding of the psyche of Nigerians- young and old, male or female, north, south, east or west or middle
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Skills in use of Microsoft office suites
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to take rejection as part of the job
- Live in Abuja or Lagos
- Basic allowance plus performance related commission and incentive
- Supportive team
- Fun and learning environment in an ethical way
- Income limited only by your ability and passion
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV in one document and MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Face to Face Fundraiser – Abuja or Face to Face Fundraiser – Lagos.
Application Deadline 14th January, 2019.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be considered. The job will require candidates who live in Abuja or Lagos as detailed in the attached.
- While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.