Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, a Telecoms Company in Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Programme Manager
- Our client seeks to hire the services of a programme manager who will coordinate and supervise resources across multiple projects, managing links between projects simultaneously and overall cost and risks of the programme
- The ideal candidate must possess a good understanding of the interdependency between technology, operations and business needs.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Delivering the project in line with the customer’s and Company’s objectives.
- Manage communication to all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the programmes successful outcome.
- Initiating management interventions whenever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Develop individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs.
- Communicate project objectives with all team members.
- Responsible for project tracking, monitoring, control and success from sign-off to delivery in the production environment
- Proactively monitor projects’ progress daily and resolve issues that may arise and provide adequate corrective measures.
- Ensuring quality assurance by ensuring infrastructure planning is in line with corporate technical, specialist and legal standards.
- Managing effective allocation of resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects.
- Managing the programme’s budget by monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a suitable Postgraduate PM Qualification in Computer Science/Business Studies with a Formal internationally recognised/certified Project Management qualification.
- Candidate must have experience of managing project budgets and accountability for program P&L.
- A record of successful completion of a number of significant projects covering each part of the project life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the life-cycle of multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- At least 5 – 7 years in Program/Delivery management in the Telecom Domain
- A solid project management background with extensive experience with a proven and successful in-depth experience of using standard program/project management methodologies (PMP, Prince2) and software engineering methodologies complying with international quality standards such as ISO or CMM.
- Good track record in delivering high quality projects in time
- Candidate must have experience of handling multi-supplier engagements with strong skills in contract/scope management.
- The ability to successfully structure and plan a project to deliver both customer and Company objectives pre-empting possible issue.
- Manage projects, performing tasks in a timely manner, cognisant of project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Build, agree and communicate multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- Maintain Project P&L responsibility, managing, controlling and monitoring project progress against time and budget, timeously addressing project slippage and reporting any deviations in excess of tolerance to the customer and Company management.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of banking and business processes, and the ability to understand the business and objectives of the customer.
- Detailed knowledge of banking concepts, basic accounting procedures and banking operations
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Self-driven and self-motivated, capable of performing without the need to be managed on a daily basis. Ability to meet deadlines. Achieves and exceeds standard objectives consistently.
- Excellent and mature communications skills – oral and written.
- Excellent standards of report writing.
- Ability to control meetings where opposing views are displayed and to resolve without conflict.
- Ability to mentor Company’s Consultants.
- Presents a professional image of the Company.
- Ability to pro-actively manage expectations, assessing and reacting quickly to customers’ needs and identifying risks early.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Practitioner in the methods and techniques that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Project Methodology – as an operational Project Methodology
- PRINCE II/PMBOK or equivalent – as a general Project Management methodology.
- Accomplished in the use of tools that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Microsoft Project – as a Project Management Planning and Monitoring tool.
- Microsoft Excel- for Financial Reporting, Change Control and Miscellaneous Reporting.
- Microsoft Word – for General Communications and Reporting.
- Microsoft PowerPoint – for internal/external presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the customer organization.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with the job role as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline 14th October, 2018.