A DEPUTY HEAD OF DEPARTMENT FINANCE (M/F)
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. In the year 2018 alone, our work in Nigeria reached approximately 3.5 million people. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. The country team comprises of over 600 staff. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
Living conditions in Abuja are good with various facilities and amenities. All expatriate staff are accommodated in the Action Against Hunger guest house. The overall security situation is fine, although walking is allowed during daytime in town only.
- Length of contract: 12 months starting in june 2020
- The position: Under the supervision of the Finance Head of departement, the deputy Head of department Finance will support the finance HoD in the overall financial managementfor the mission. More precisely, you will be in charge of:
· Contribute to Grant Financial Management, Donors compliance & Budget Analysis
· Support treasury forecast and cash management
· Support internal and external audits
· Capacity building for finance and non-finance staff
· Mission Financial Coordination
- Do you fit with the position
You hold a relevant degree in Finance MBA/ACCA or other chartered Accountant Diplomas. You have at least at least 3 years of professional experience in finance with proven experience in team management in humanitarian sector and a previous knowledge of donors environment.
Holder of exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail, you are recognize for your professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy, sense of responsibility and capacity of maintain confidentiality
You have also a very good communication & training skills
Fluency in English is mandatory, strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy and numeracy is needed.Knowledge of SAGA is an added advantage.
- Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €2010 to €2335 upon experience.
· Per diem and living allowance: 210€ + 329€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
· + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered (préciser si logement individuel)
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:**
· 25 days of paid leaves per year. **
· + 20 RnR per year. **
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months – préciser si mission plus favorable). **
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference. **
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year.
· Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.