A SOCIAL PROTECTION PROGRAM MANAGER – NIGERIA, ABUJA
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 local government areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The Nigeria mission came under ACF-FR management on January 1st 2019. Financing comes from donors such as DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounts to approximately 70 million USD. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three bases offices : Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
The ACF team in Abuja comprises of 12 staff and in addition dealing with one partner ( Save the Children). This is a development program, with a strong focus on engagement of government and civil society. The program focus on creating an enabling environment and model for the government. The program was fund by DFID.
The security situation overall in Jigawa is stable but, there are still risks and pockets of insecurity which makes the situation a bit unpredictable.
You will be in charge of the proper implementation and completion of Project throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
More precisly, you will be responsible for :
• Leading the coordination for the implementation of a cash?based – social protection program and ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project.
• Managing the program field team to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence
• Tracking and reporting of technical activities
• Participating in regular internal and external coordination for the program and the wider social protection sector at federal and state levels.
• Masters of Arts or Science/Bac+5/6 (or higher) in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Food and Nutrition Policy, Economics or related. Focus on social protection preferred. Similar Bachelor’s degrees profiles to be considered with two additional years of work experience.
• 4 years’ experience in humanitarian or development contexts, with at least 1 year managing or coordinating a social protection or safety nets project in a developing country.
• If possible, previous experience with ACF in cash or social protection programs or in Nigeria
• Familiarity with statistical or data collection and analysis software (SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
• Excellent management skills especially in consortiums (HR, projects, stress management)
• Ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
• Excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
• Disciplined and able to work independently
• Fluent in English
• Excellent drafting and written skills
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
Status: 9 months Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
• Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335 € upon experience
• Per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid
• 150€ as country allowance
• 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
• Child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
• 25 days of paid leaves per year.
• + 20 RnR per year.
• + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months )
• Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
• Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
• Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
• Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
It is one of the best bases of ACF and provides a unique opportunity to work on a developmental program. ACF is perceived as the key actor in the state of Jigawa and has strong linkages with the government.