A4 & T Power Solutions is a B2B power solution company that provides alternative power to businesses. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- A4&T Power Solution is seeking an experienced engineer to lead and manage our talents of Engineers
- The CTO will be in charge of technical designs (both mechanical and electrical) at the various stages (from concept design to detailed engineering designs and drawings), bill of quantities, compliance with standards and codes, project implementation logistics and budgets, and overall organization and quality of the technical department.
- The focus will be especially on mini-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification and hybrid renewable-energy/ diesel projects due to the increase in the demand for mini-grids in Nigeria. The focus will also include grid-connected RE projects.
- Timely quality production, review and control of technical designs, technical specifications and budgets
- Cost optimization of detailed engineering solutions designs and bill of materials
- Supervision and management of technical department and field engineers, including remote management and supervision of local engineers and identification of gaps within the technical department
- Travel to project sites for project supervision and commissioning (up to 30% of time)
- Identifying new market technical challenges and potential technology advancements to integrate in new projects and solutions across the different departments
- Supervision of the Technical monitoring of key performance indicators of plants in operation
- Ability to remotely, or through field engineers, closely work and supervise local subcontractors in Africa, Latin America and Asia
- Help the Business Development department in identifying and preparing proposals, in particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials and budgets and technical drawings for proposals.
- Create processes for adequately monitoring installations remotely and diagnosing issues before the customer notices them.
- Draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impacts.
- Manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractorsТ work in all phases.
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for projectТs success.
- Communicate with authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Electronics or Physic and Electronics
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an added Advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Renewable Energy and must be acting in similar capacity
- Must be a member of COREN,NEMSA
- Valid experience in Mini-Grid projects, distributed solar PV and electrical batteries is highly needed
- Experience with design of MV/LV distribution grids is desirable
- Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
- Be innovative and independent, requiring minimal supervision in accomplishing tasks, identifying new essential ones, and developing creative solutions to perceived insurmountable problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, RE system design tools such as HelioScope/ PVSyst and HOMER with AutoCAD
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: Please don’t apply if you don’t meet criteria.