MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AC Technician
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide air-conditioning and mechanical engineering expertise to ensure a safe working environment for our clients/occupants within their premises.
- Provide air-conditioning and mechanical advice to resolve any work-related issues which affect the working conditions of the client’s property.
- To ensure that all air-conditioning and mechanical systems are working at their optimal capacity Will report to the Site Supervisor
Principal Accountabilities/ Key Result Areas
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the AC/Mechanical infrastructure within your area of operation.
- Develop a clear understanding of the design and operating principal of all air-conditioning and mechanical related plant and equipment.
- Develop a clear understanding of the company’s Engineering procedures and processes.
- Assist with weekly workload planning schedules with your team supervisor which will include proactive tasks.
- Perform routine daily, weekly, monthly, yearly air-conditioning and mechanical systems maintenance tasks in line with the planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Respond in a professional and appropriate manner to all air-conditioning, mechanical and associated reactive work requests i.e. fault finding and rectification jobs.
- Implement as requested modifications to the air-conditioning and mechanical systems.
- Undertake air-conditioning and mechanical system training to develop site specific skills.
- Report to your supervisor on a regular basis regarding workload, quality of workmanship and key issues or challenges.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the methods of work associated with the air-conditioning and mechanical plant and give advice on enhancing the performance of any equipment.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in line with company HSE policies.
- Implement the company’s customer service policy to ensure excellent customer service.
- Take ownership and responsibility to rectify all air-conditioning and mechanical associated works to a level that meets the company’s expectation and maintenance philosophy.
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner in all dealings with the public, client and internally with the company management and help desk etc.
Knowledge, Skills Experience and Competencies
- Appropriate Electrical qualification; Technical School, OND, HND.
- 3 to 5 years’ post qualification experience within the maintenance services market sector preferably in a commercial or large residential environment
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams.
- Basic knowledge of the principle of the operation of air conditioners and refrigerators.
- Basic knowledge on firefighting and prevention activities.
- Basic knowledge of safety.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online