AC Technician at Sun Metal Industries Limited
Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AC Technician
Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Air conditioning technicians will perform various functions that will ensure air conditioning systems and related equipment and facilities work effectively and efficiently throughout the organisation.
- Carry out repair and routine maintenance duties on equipment, building facilities and offices, building systems, grounds, and structures
- Coordinate efforts with company’s contracted vendors to ensure company A/C systems are functioning perfectly
- Perform inspection, maintenance, repairs, and installation of air conditioning systems, including building control and pneumatic systems, cooling systems, refrigerators, refrigerated water coolers, and similar equipment
- Carry out maintenance checks on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Carry out overhauling and servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration units by repairing, changing, or reworking broken parts of compressors, condensers, and vacuum pumps; inspect and fix any leak observed, and charge units as required
- Provide assistance to supervisor in planning new installation and modification projects,
- Preparation of specification, and major reconditioning and overhauling projects, applying knowledge of refrigerating systems, engineering specifications.
- Order for replacement of equipment parts as required, perform repairs as ordered, and keep record of servicing on equipments
- Provide support after work hour if required in situations like emergency, workshop, commission meetings, and other company functions
- Perform related duties that may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Ability Required
- The Candidate MUST residence in Ota – Ogun state
- OND or technical training in Air Conditioning systems
- Working experience maintaining and repairing air conditioning systems and chillers
- Possess certification in refrigerant transition and recovery
- Possess certification in air conditioning system repairs
- Ability to perform physical activities such as climbing, bending, balancing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, reaching, crouching, push/pull objects, etc.
- Ability to work with manual or power tools and operate motorized vehicles
- Ability to work outdoors, sit, walk, and stand for extended period of time
- Strong knowledge of the hazards involved in the occupation, and the safety precautions to take
- Ability to effectively file work orders and write reports
- Strong ability and skill to quickly and correctly diagnose, locate, and fix defects in refrigeration and air conditioning systems/units and similar equipment
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.