Account Assistant at African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) December, 2019
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for the National Stop Transmission of Polio (NSTOP) Program within the capacity below:
Job Title: Account Assistant
Job Type: Contract
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit NGO/Non-Profit
Duration of contract: One year
Work Hours: Full time
Open to: All Interested Candidates
- AFENET is implementing a project to improve use and quality of PHC data in Nigeria. The project aims to improve data quality, specifically accuracy, completeness and use, using a human centered behavioral science (HCD-BS).
- Planned activities are geared towards improving data quality and use under the hypothesis that completeness and accuracy of routine PHC data is affected by behavioral, technical and organizational factors. AFENET seeks the services of qualified culturally competent personnel to implement the project in six states in northern Nigeria.
Scope of work
- This position will be responsible financial management and oversight, including processing payment requests, budget monitoring, receiving accountabilities, and reconciling project bank accounts. S/he will work closely with the project’s administrative assistant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s and donors’ financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of vouchers and entering the transactions into the accounting package and/or excel ledgers.
- Undertaking a thorough review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness of the accountabilities.
- Ensure monthly generation of advance report and their submission for review before passing them to staff and sub recipients with outstanding advances.
- Keep track of all advances to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and assist to reconcile them.
- Review the petty cash transactions to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, completeness of documentation and that value for money was obtained
- Ensure proper maintenance of the cash books for all the bank accounts.
- Ensure proper coding of all the expenditures is done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
- Coordination on financial matters with third parties like vendors, banks, URA, NSSF, etc
- Proper filing of all the accounting and supporting documents with proper references for ease of document tracing and ensure they are kept in accordance with the Organization’s and donor requirements.
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Min Required Experience:
Required Qualification/ Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Certification by professional Accounting bodies will be an added advantage (ACA.ACCA)
- At least 3 years of work experience in same position obtained from a busy and reputable organization. NGO experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Accounts packages and Ms. Office packages is a must
- Language proficiency in English
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationship with people at different levels and of different Nationalities
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially the use of MS Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language orally and in writing
- Ability to engage in successful interaction, extensive contact with members of government agencies and partners at national, state and local government levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Visit link for More Information
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.