Accountant at Klasha
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
About the job
- Klasha is looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- You will be responsible for auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, and calculating tax payments and returns.
- To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess strong business acumen.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Create ad-hoc reports for various business needs
- Prepare tax documents
- Compile and analyze financial statements
- Manage budgeting and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and periodicals
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Benefits / The fun stuff
- Competitive salary
- Cool company perks
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria that is millennial and Gen Z-driven
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Flexible working conditions
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online