Accountant at SIMS Nigeria Limited
SIMS Nigeria Limited specializes in the assembly, distribution and sales of consumer electronics from major brands such as – Samsung, Panasonic, Royal, Skyworth, Electrolux, Bosch, Philips and Powermatic. Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have grown to be a market leader in the home appliances & consumer electronics market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones in major cities such as Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Enugu, Uyo and Kano.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- Management and reporting of financial data of the organization.
- To prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities and other related financial activities.
- To ensure compliance with financial reporting and other standard accounting procedures.
- To perform general accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- To prepare periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements and profit and loss statements.
- To maintains the general ledger.
- To verify payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- To provide auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- To file required tax forms and other financial obligations.
- To initiate and manage accounting software used by the organization and recommend updates to enhance the accounting software.
- To code invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts and close the monthly books.
- To reconcile bank accounts at least monthly, verify deposits and address inquiries from banks.
- To reconcile customer accounts and manage accounts receivable collections.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualification to Degree level, a Higher Degree and Professional qualification.
- 4 years cognate experience
- Very good oral and written communication.
- Deep attention to details and strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and regulations.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2022.