Accountant at The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
The mandate of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is derived from the 1958 Act of Parliament, as amended in 1991, 1993,1997,1998,1999 and 2007. The CBN Act of 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria charges the Bank with the overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government.
JOB OBJECTIVE: To assist the Director in tracking incomes from and payments to internal and external stakeholders, preparing Centre budget, auditing financial transactions and documents, and processing tax payments and returns.
LOCATIONS: Enugu, Ibadan, Zaria
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare Centre budgets
- Prepare financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Prepares Income and Expenditure statements
- Report on the Centre’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Minimum of a Second-Class honours degree in Accounting
- Additional certification (ACA, ANAN, ACCA, CPA etc.) is an added advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate is mandatory.
Method of Application
Applicants should upload their letteres of application.resume/CV and credentials Via the link above and indicate clearly the positions applied for and preferred location
Your letter of application should be in Microsoft Word of PDF and should not exceed 100kb in size
Your CV/Resume should be in microsoft word or PDF and should not exceed 100kb in size. Please scan.
All your credentials to a singlr PDF file for upload. The PDF file containing all your credentails not not exceed 2MB.
Kinfly avoid multipole submissions as duplicate entries will be disqualified
For further information Please call 07002255226