Accountant (Shipping Company) at StreSERT Services Limited
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competenci…
Read more about this company
Accountant (Shipping Company)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Our client is a responsive shipping and logistics organization offering ports and terminal services to customers.
Job Location: Apapa, Lagos
Accounts Receivable Management; Accounts Payable Management; Payroll Processing; Cash Administration; Non-Current Assets Management; Accounts Maintenance and Vouchering; Bank Reconciliation and Statement Audit; etc.
- In charge of day to day finance and accounts operations.
- Administers payment transfers through the bank.
- Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts.
- Audits bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
- Raises vouchers for refund transactions and posts financial data to the applicable accounting system.
- Ensures that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
- Maintains the non-current Assets Register and processes depreciation for various assets and additions/disposals entries/journals etc.
- Prepares reports to show receivables aging and submit to management.
- Collects and reviews Purchase Order for jobs done by the Company.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides other staff by coordinating activities and answering finance-related questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following applicable accounting controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documents submitted, and disburse as required.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial requirements, enforce adherence to these requirements and advise management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Other duty assigned from time to time.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as QuickBooks, Sage, SAP, Tally, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills
- A graduate with a background in Accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 4 -5 years of work experience in core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- ACA is ideal, but not compulsory.
Salary is N3 million per annum
Method of Application
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs to ‘[email protected]’ using ‘AP-SHI-ACC’ as the subject of the email before 28th February, 2021. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love