Accounts/Finance Manager at Buffer Media Limited
Buffer Media is a mobile marketing & VAS enabler that connect top brands with millions of people in Africa, locating them via mobile interactions. We enable monetization of mobile content (games, app, videos, music, CRBT) in Nigeria, and help mobile subscribers locate amazing products, services & apps via mobile advertising.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Responsible for the financial health of our organisation. Producing accounting and financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guide managers and senior executives in making sound business and financial decisions in the long and short term.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee Account/financial department employees, including financial assistants and cashiers, if any.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field;
- 4+ years of experience in a finance role;
- Superior mathematical skills;
- Leadership skills and experience;
- Employee management;
- Understanding of data privacy standards;
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Organisational skills;
- Planning skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Multi-tasking abilities;
- Advance MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.