The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) was founded in 1969 by a group of Nigerians who trained, qualified and practiced in the United Kingdom but who upon returning to Nigeria sensed the urgent need to develop the profession of Quantity Surveying in Nigeria by establishing a parallel body to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors of United Kingdom.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Mabushi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Grade: Officer
- Supporting the DES Finance& Admin on Finance issues as may be required
- Preparing and keeping all accounts and finance books of the Institute using appropriate software and in accordance with the Institute’s approved financial policies and guidelines
- Issuing payment receipts to members and others
- Keeping, maintaining and reconciling accounting records in preparatory for annual and periodic reporting
- Handling of Bank transactions, reconciliation
- Assisting in budgeting process
- Attending to inquiries on finance, accounts, tax, pension matters etc
- Remittances of statutory returns.
- Undertaking all other duties assigned by DES Finance and Admin
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accountancy (preferable) or related discipline (OND with verifiable hands-on experience may be considered)
- 2 years of Auditing, Accounting and Finance or related field experience.
- Book-keeping and accounting skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly,
- Drive; Flexibility; Effective team-working skills;
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Efficiency in handling accounting issues quickly with minimal interference.
- Good working knowledge of the computer especially Microsoft office.
- Good knowledge of Accounting Software preferably Quickbooks Accounting will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV to: [email protected] using “Accounts Officer” as the subject of the email.