Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: MEAL Manager
Proposed start date: August 2022
Duration: 6 months
- To take lead in joint monitoring visits conducted with SPCHDA to health facilities and joint monitoring visits conducted with technical teams for appraisal of implementations;
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, (needs assessments, household registration, baseline/endline surveys, PDMs, KAP surveys, FDG, KII and others) by drafting the necessary quantitative and qualitative tools (ToR and data collection tools, including coding) for review and validation by the technical team;
- Daily mentoring and coaching of MEAL Assistants by providing feedback on their performance;
- Ensure proper management of data collectors in the field;
- Proactively identify good practices based on MEAL findings and encourage utilization of data;
- Support program teams, advocacy and knowledge management teams to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of MEAL information;
- Provide support for donor reports and proposal inputs as requested by MEAL Manager, Deputy Manager, HOD or DHODs.
- Degree in MEAL, Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing;
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies;
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Previous experience with AAH or international NGO;
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding;
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods or WASH;
- Experience in statistical analysis;
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies;
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Shuwa, etc.).
Starting Basic Salary:
NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
25th July, 2022.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.