Administrative Assistant at Mediatrix Development Foundation December, 2019
Mediatrix development foundation was established in 2014 as a non profit organization with the mandate to provide social support for vulnerable children, youths, women and the elderly in Cross River state, Nigeria, and to advocate for their rights and wellbeing by wife of the Governor Cross River State, Dr Linda Ayade. Ultimately, the foundation supports public delivered services in its five thematic areas (Health, Sustainable livelihood, Education and volunteering, Justice and Rights and cross cutting issues) by building and leveraging partnerships with political Agencies, government organizations and other non-profit organizations and implementing high impact and cost-effective interventions to improve population outcomes
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Qualification: OND BA/BSc/HND
Experience: 2 years
Location: Cross River
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
Location: Ogoja-Cross River State
Job Field: NGO/Non-profit, Administration, Secretarial
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Work Hour: Full Time
Open to: All interested candidate
Scope of Work
- Administrative Assistants will support the day to day operations of the project.
- This includes financial planning and management, supporting field deployments, administrative coordination of training, financial management and reconciliation of accounts and management of office activities and logistics
- Provide logistics support for program training and field activities
- Support the Administrator in compiling periodic program reports and updates.
- Support the program office in a variety of administrative, financial and operational duties
- Performs a variety of routine to moderately skilled clerical support functions, including word processing, data entry, financial management, and other related duties as assigned
- Prepare and reconcile travel and operational expenses for program staff
- Ensure payments are made timely and vouchers for reimbursement are accurate
- Coordinate travel plans for program staff
- Support maintaining field reports from project staff and others participating in the project
- Keep appointment book accurately filled in with name, phone number and exact procedures
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management.
- Adhere to MDF policies, tools and handbook and guidelines as well as government rules and regulations.
Min Required Experience:
- Degree/Diploma certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in office administration
- Two years’ experience working with international and/or organizations
- Two years’ experience in administration of project and managing project operations
- Language proficiency in English
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationship with people at different levels and of different Nationalities
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially the use of MS Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language orally and in writing
- Ability to engage in successful interaction, extensive contact with members of government agencies and partners at national, state and local government levels.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
- Kindly indicate position and location applied for as the subject of your mail. E.g.: “Shelter Technical Assistant – Ogoja”.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- We do not offer transport nor accommodation reimbursement for applicants coming from distant locations.
- Successful candidates are required to resume immediately.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive. Consequently, females are strongly advice to apply.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]